Injury Report: Zuccarello Fractured Hand (Update: 2/21: Will miss 2 weeks of NHL games)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It feels kind of unreal that everybody is waiting for the return of the Hobbit. Like he is some kind of a star or something..... Oh, wait, he was the point leader when he got hurt......

Can´t wait to see him on the PP with MSL. Could be magic. Hopefully he is back against Carolina.

its unlikely theyll be out there together imho. they both play the same position on the PP.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I watched a Lightning game earlier in the week where MSL had some PP time at the point. Maybe he gets some of BRs minutes and plays on a unit with MZA

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I cant believe I am saying this...We need Zucca back ASAP. We also may be the shortest and tiniest team in the NHL now.

Clinched

Oct 17, 2011
Bergen
"Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 6h
Don't see Carl Hagelin out on the ice today. Mats Zuccarello skating in his spot with Richards and St. Louis."

"Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 5h
Zuccarello looks happy and fully functional on the ice."

Looks promising for tomorrows game.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I cant believe I am saying this...We need Zucca back ASAP. We also may be the shortest and tiniest team in the NHL now.

Actually, Rangers "lost" 3 inches, so the average deduction would be 3/22 inches, and we were the 13th tallest team at opening day... I assume the rangers are still above, or close to the league median

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Let me add an aspect of all of this. Martin St Louis is basically the perfect mentor for Zuccarello to learn from how to be an effective small player and now, he will be doing it on a daily basis. And not only that, but when Torts praised Zuke, the first thing he mentioned was his hockey IQ. My bet is, this is ideal for Zuke's development.

And not only that, but to potentially play on the same line. Holy smokes.

edit: Wrong thread, huh? Kind of.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't like putting your 2 best players on the same line, especially since they're similar players. Though that would make for an exciting line.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Zucc has told Norwegian media he feels fine, just some stings of pain here and there. Says he's ready to play, its the coaches and doctors decision if he'll play against Hurricans or not.

My guess is he'll play tonight.

Horde Force Captain

Mar 7, 2014
The thought of Zucc playing with Richie and MSL is really something.

Even thought I doubt it will happen, what a potential PP unit that might be as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->