Injury Report: Zuccarello Fractured Hand (Update: 2/21: Will miss 2 weeks of NHL games)

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
It's not the end of the world, but it sucks. Plus, it's not like once he's back in the lineup, he's fine. There will be an adjustment period of getting the groove back.

What makes this stink is it affects our PP. Our lines will be shuffled during this time and for the most part they've been constant the last month or so. We're playing a difficult schedule out of the Olympic break.

I totally agree with everyone else though. If this derails our season, then we were never good enough. Players have to step up - Stepan, Nash, Callahan, Brassard, etc. Lastly, if this affects Sather's thinking, he's an idiot.

I'd prefer if Miller or Fast were called up over Dorsett just slotting into Zuccarello's place.

member 116805

please update the thread topic..

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2013-14-practice/practice-no-marc-staal-again/

11:07AM: Derek Dorsett is in a contact jersey today for the first time since he was injured in early January. (Rangers)

11:03AM: Marc Staal is missing his third straight practice today.

if Staal is gonna keep getting hurt, id rather trade him and resign Girardi..

Staal has back spasms? Didnt he have problems with his back before? Or am i just making this up? :dunno:

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
So hyped. Finally going from Norway to MSG to see New Zuke Rangers this week-end!

willferrell.gif

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc skated yesterday. Fingers crossed he´ll be back sooner than expected.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011

Don't get your hopes up. He left when the team took the ice, so this is just conditioning and maintenance skating I would guess. It makes sense for him to keep skating while it heals, since this is a hand injury.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Eh, it's a hand injury. He's going to be able to skate to stay in shape without and problems. It's gripping a stick to pass, receive and shoot that's going to be problematic.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Great news. Shouldn't be long before we have Zuccarello back. From the Rangers twitter.

New York Rangers ✔ @NYRangers

AV says that @zuccarello36 is day-to-day with hand injury.."shouldn't be much longer", though adds Zucc will not play tomorrow #NYR
7:27 PM - 4 Mar 2014

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
To quote AV: "and obviously Zuccy’s hurt". What an unfortunate nickname, Sucky

AHB*

Take your time, hopefully the guys can weather the storm. Although after our last 2 performances, I have my doubts.

Toronto and Carolina are both very beatable. We have dominated TO this year. Prefer to give Zucc enough time to fully heal.

Make sure he's back for our back to backs next week.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Take your time, hopefully the guys can weather the storm. Although after our last 2 performances, I have my doubts.

Toronto and Carolina are both very beatable. We have dominated TO this year. Prefer to give Zucc enough time to fully heal.

Make sure he's back for our back to backs next week.

Eh, I don't think Zucc missing was the problem in the last 2 games.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
How far along is he from coming back?

According to AV is supposed to be only be a pain thing by now. As soon as he's comfortable shooting and passing he will be able to play.

On Zuccarello, “I think he is day to day now, I don’t expect him tomorrow. It’s just a pain thing. As soon as he can handle the pain taking a pass and he can shoot the puck now, as soon as he can handle the pain. It shouldn’t be much longer.â€

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/alain-vigneault/recap-alain-vigneaults-comments-today-on-ryan-callahan/#more-122357

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
It reminds me of an answer that Tom Coughlin of the Giants would give. Bland and repetitive. (I realize since you're from Norway odds are low you get the reference).

I know he's a football coach, but I'm not familiar with his demeanor.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
It feels kind of unreal that everybody is waiting for the return of the Hobbit. Like he is some kind of a star or something..... Oh, wait, he was the point leader when he got hurt......

Can´t wait to see him on the PP with MSL. Could be magic. Hopefully he is back against Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad