Rumor: Zuccarello Close to Signing 2 or 3 Year Contract

Green Blob*

Norwegian newspaper VG, with Christopher, reports that Mats Zuccarello’s agent Erik Ryman has spoken with Glen Sather about a new contract for Zuccarello.

Ryman says that there are only a few details left to go over and that it will be a one-way contract for Zuccarello that has a length of two or three years.

He adds that a deal could come as early as this Thursday, prior to the NHL draft, but even it if can’t be signed until after, Zuccarello will be a Ranger next season.

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-p...ear-deal-for-mats-zuccarellodeal-coming-soon/

Very good! :handclap:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I am glad we are giving this kid a genuine chance. I like his odds.

Kershaw

Good, he's earned it.

Letting him go to Russia was a mistake, but fortunately he decided to give the franchise one more chance.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Good, he's earned it.

Letting him go to Russia was a mistake, but fortunately he decided to give the franchise one more chance.

I honestly think letting him go to Russia was the best thing to happen to him.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Excellent. He has most definitely improved since his last stint.

I like how he doesn't take crap from anyone, either.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Nobody wants to go to Russia.

hahhaha seriously! its the black hole of the earth...

but good for him.. i like him a lot.. he should be good with AV bc of his thought of creative/skill guys being able to be "latitude" more... instead of with torts, if trying to be toughest little dude out there..

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
He is a good passer that's it. But I would like to see what he could do with AV.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Showed some serious growth as a player last year and put up some decent numbers for a guy in a system that isn't very conducive to creativity. Looked a lot faster and stronger on the puck, as well.

His playmaking ability is unquestionable, and he definitely should be out there on one of the PP units. I also think the guy can score and has a decent shot. AV is going to be very good for him because he's not the type of player that should be reigned in. Tell him to use his natural ability and let him go.

I'm thinking a Top-6 role on the team, playing either side...

15g - 40a - 55pts

Very nice player and I'm glad we'll have him back.

Kershaw

He should be a consistent 35-45ish pt player who controls pace of the game while on the ice. I hope fans won't get disappointed if he doesn't hit the 50-60 pt+ mark.....

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Love watching him play. He really gives 110% every shift. Definite Top 9 caliber player, for sure.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
15-30-45 isn't an unreasonable expectation for next year, provided the coach likes him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Zucc owns, seriously creative offensive player and learned to play effectively despite his size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->