Line Combos: Zuccarello - Brassard - St.Louis

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
I think Nash/Richards/MSL should be tried out. It would have the hightest potential, er... salary, in the NHL, and other teams would have to put their best lines against it. That would give our (actually) better players a better chance to score goals!

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I think Nash/Richards/MSL should be tried out. It would have the hightest potential, er... salary, in the NHL, and other teams would have to put their best lines against it. That would give our (actually) better players a better chance to score goals!

Nash-Richards-MSL
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Brassard-Hagelin

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
I think we need to change the PP up. St. Louis played the point in Tampa and racked up big time points. Richards does well there for us but that just gives you a chance to put two good PP units out. Also, it gets Girardi off the powerplay. I thought it was already established after all these years that he just isn't good on the PP. It's okay, he'll play major minutes elsewhere. MSL over Girardi would boost that second unit incredibly.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
McDonagh-Richards

Hagelin-Brassard-Zuke
John Moore or Staal-St. Louis

Last edited:

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
I will admit that this line did create at least 3 goal scoring opportunities against the Sharks. Brassard muffed a few chances.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Nash-Brad-MSL
Kreider-Stepan-MZA
Hags-Brass-Taco
Cillo-DMo-Boyle

I dont care about RW/LW that much tho, but my plan is: Force the opposing team to play 1st D pair against our 1st line, and give 2nd and 3rd line a chance to play against some less good Dmen

Blue Seat Spartan

Permanent Vacation
Apr 24, 2012
Richmond County, NY
I'd give the Richards farewell tour with St. Louis one last shot:

Kreider-Richards-MSL
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-MZA
Moore-Boyle-Carcillo

Ride this forward line combo on through the end of the season and take our chances with this setup into the playoffs.

Wolfy*

Maybe this line should remain intact, and I should eat some crow.

They got a total of 6 points against the Sens, most of them thanks to Zucc's intelligent play :)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

They got a total of 6 points against the Sens, most of them thanks to Zucc's intelligent play :)

as much as I agree, that really just shows how ****ing awesome Zucc is... :D

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Even in this game they managed to get pinned in their zone too much. Maybe all they need is for Brass and Zucc to break out of their slumps, but I'm worried about how they match up against more competent and physical defense corps.

Cake or Death

I'd give the Richards farewell tour with St. Louis one last shot:

Kreider-Richards-MSL
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-MZA
Moore-Boyle-Carcillo

Ride this forward line combo on through the end of the season and take our chances with this setup into the playoffs.

This is exactly what I was thinking. For some reason, I like the idea of MSL with Kreider, and these combos offer decent balance in scoring/passing/checking that, theoretically at least, should be tough to defend.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011

Agree. Great game from that line, and it seems like they have found each other now. Don´t think AV will change the line as long as they keep playing like this.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
i hope we get Joe THornton to play with Nasher and Marty.
What a sweet line.
ahhh, yes. Lets sign another insanely high wage player, that'll surely solve all our problems, just like it has done soooo many times before :)

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Even in this game they managed to get pinned in their zone too much. Maybe all they need is for Brass and Zucc to break out of their slumps, but I'm worried about how they match up against more competent and physical defense corps.

The key is for AV to not use them for defensive zone draws/starts. Two instances where they got pinned in the majority of their shift started w/ this line taking a defensive face-off.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
This line will NEVER work!

I like AV in general but he has totally lost me here:
Offensively - anytime they dump it in Zucc or MSL get plastered along the boards and lose puck! There is no size on this line so they can never sustain any offensive zone pressure!

Defensively - similar issue. As we saw with bigger teams like Jets this line can get pinned in their own zone for minutes at a time!

So enough of this craziness! Every good line in NHL has some size! Even Toews and Kane often get Bickell on their wing!

Lines I propose:
Nash - Stepan - Kreider - if it's not broke, don't fix it
Hagelin - Brassard - MSL - MSL has some chemistry with Hagelin. Hagelin can play boards.
Zucc - Richards - Pouliot - Richards sucks but Zucc can play with anyone and will get Richards going.
Carcillo - Boyle - Moore. - if it's not broke.,,

Then on PP sure they can go with Zucc and MSL together since there is more space!

Honestly any combo is better than Zucc and MSL 5 on 5!

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
This line will NEVER work!

I like AV in general but he has totally lost me here:
Offensively - anytime they dump it in Zucc or MSL get plastered along the boards and lose puck! There is no size on this line so they can never sustain any offensive zone pressure!

Defensively - similar issue. As we saw with bigger teams like Jets this line can get pinned in their own zone for minutes at a time!

So enough of this craziness! Every good line in NHL has some size! Even Toews and Kane often get Bickell on their wing!

Lines I propose:
Nash - Stepan - Kreider - if it's not broke, don't fix it
Hagelin - Brassard - MSL - MSL has some chemistry with Hagelin. Hagelin can play boards.
Zucc - Richards - Pouliot - Richards sucks but Zucc can play with anyone and will get Richards going.
Carcillo - Boyle - Moore. - if it's not broke.,,

Then on PP sure they can go with Zucc and MSL together since there is more space!

Honestly any combo is better than Zucc and MSL 5 on 5!

I don't think you're far off the mark, even if I don't agree that the Stepan line is a "must keep" and I don't see why you would play Nash, Kreids, Zucc and Poo on their off wings. I also would not break up Richards and Hagelin. They look pretty good together. Finally I think the MSL line needs a better shooter than Hagelin. So:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pouliot - Brassard - MSL
Hagelin - Richards - Zuccarello
4th line.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Pouliot may have slightly better shot than Hagelin but he is inconsistent.

MSL needs a guy like Hagelin to consistently dig pucks out of corners for him. MSL can score himself!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad