Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Wolfy*

I'm in fact a little worried about Zucc and his future here.

Flames president said after firing the whole staff, there is one keyword if you want to have success in the NHL...size. I guess he got a point.

Look at good teams like Anaheim and LA, playoff bound. They really are some huge and strong players, all of them.

anofsti

May 14, 2011

Flames president said after firing the whole staff, there is one keyword if you want to have success in the NHL...size. I guess he got a point.

Look at good teams like Anaheim and LA, playoff bound. They really are some huge and strong players, all of them.

Yes, take Martin St. Louis, if only Stamkos were 6'4" instead of 6', he'd be able to succeed in the NHL.

... /irony

Listening to opinions from the Calgary Flames organization is less rational than listening to opinions from HFboards.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

The whole size matters debate needs to die. If anything you can attest it to the D and bottom lines who are supposed to rough it up anyway. He's almost at a ppg, despite not ever playing a full nhl season, since the scratch and thats still not good enough. Hi rationality.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I like Zucc and he has had a good year but the past 2 games he has been god awful. He isnt the only one obviously but the past 2-3 games he has really made mistakes taht he usually doesnt

Green Blob*

One of the best and most consistent players of the team this season.

We better lock him to a nice contract soon.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I like Zucc and he has had a good year but the past 2 games he has been god awful. He isnt the only one obviously but the past 2-3 games he has really made mistakes taht he usually doesnt

Respectfully, we must be watching completely different games. But by awful I'm going to assume that you're putting the goal where the puck went by his stick, on him alone. Not the D that completely blew the entire play.

Was a pretty terrible setup to G-underperformer as well.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

Size and physical ability will always be a important edge in most sports but there will always be players that can survive on their skill and work ethic while being "undersized". Zuccarello have come along way from what he was since he first came over to NA and I'm sure he has a future in this league.

Last edited:

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
His size ain't really a problem. He's playing in his 100th game tonight and has yet to be demolished out there. As long as he keeps his head up and stays strong on his skates, which he seems to do most of the time, he'll survive.

Zucc is one of the few guys that gives a **** on this team anyway. Hopefully he'll get locked up.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
I mean, sure, he has some bad games, but at least 70% of the Rangers players have bad game streaks of 5-6.

But even when he's not producing a lot offensively, he's forechecking like a boss and so alert that when Del Zotto does his usual and runs into the goal, Zucc has his place instantly.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I rather enjoyed this new shootout move. aka. move nothing at all
I agree Zucc is always great at shootout. Now for the record i can tell you are a bigtime Zucc fan and I am as well. Now sometimes im critical of Zucc it doesnt mean anything because i still feel he is one of the most important players we have.

Mint Berry Crunch

Bring the crunch.
May 8, 2009
Long Island, NY
He has quickly become one of my favorite Rangers and in a season where everything that could go wrong has seemingly done just that, he's been a bright spot for sure. Love his hustle out there. Even in games where he doesn't show up on the score sheet, his tenacity and effort can't be commended enough. I'd love to see him locked up.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc has putting up almost a ppg since the scratch for one of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL. Imagine his production if the team had averaged 3-4 goals/game....

That said, I agree that he hasn´t played his best the last couple of games, but by no means worse than anyone else on the team.

Fantastic shoot out goal. Important for him to expand his shoot out repertoire, so the goalies don´t read him to easily.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
One of the best and most consistent players of the team this season.

We better lock him to a nice contract soon.

But when will he clear waivers?

Only player on this team who plays with any intensity and consistency.

Respectfully, we must be watching completely different games. But by awful I'm going to assume that you're putting the goal where the puck went by his stick, on him alone. Not the D that completely blew the entire play.

Was a pretty terrible setup to G-underperformer as well.

Size and physical ability will always be a important edge in most sports but there will always be players that can survive on their skill and work ethic while being "undersized". Zuccarello have come along way from what he was since he first came over to NA and I'm sure he has a future in this league.

His size ain't really a problem. He's playing in his 100th game tonight and has yet to be demolished out there. As long as he keeps his head up and stays strong on his skates, which he seems to do most of the time, he'll survive.

Zucc is one of the few guys that gives a **** on this team anyway. Hopefully he'll get locked up.

Thank you to all who made these wonderful posts.

Zucc is the BEST player on our team. Without him, nobody get's the (few) chances that we even get now.

Greatest Ranger in the last few years. Hope Slats locks him up soon

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
"- Is not it nice there?" :laugh: Google translate, I love you.

Nice to see him mixing it up in the shootout.

Cake or Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMJnY2y2cwM

Love dat sound. Great shot too.

Was a superb shot. Must've watched it 10 times. Freaky how he doesn't move and then the puck's just in the net

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
That's the type of stuff you see at roller hockey level... The fact thy he pulled that off in a professional hockey game is just amazing

anofsti

May 14, 2011
CgoX3Hv.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->