Rumor: Zuccarello a target for Preds, Pens, Flames and others. Tolvanen not available for a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I'm guessing Nashville doesn't want anyone of quality if he's off the table . Bye bye Kreider or Stone. No chance they get either without the inclusion of Tolvanen

Sigh.... Karlsson didnt get top prospect, Duchene didnt get top prospect, Muzzin didnt get top prospect.

Rentals/almost rentals just dont get top prospects in return. Last one was like Erat for Forsberg?

Seeing as you're sens fan, you if anyone should know this very well.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Sigh.... Karlsson didnt get top prospect, Duchene didnt get top prospect, Muzzin didnt get top prospect.

Rentals/almost rentals just dont get top prospects in return. Last one was like Erat for Forsberg?

Martin Erat had 2.5 more years of term when he was traded for too

Also, today it is widely regarded as a god awful trade for the caps

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
oh great... first early 2nd round picks were equal to 1st, now players with a year left on their contracts are almost rentals.... ugh.... somedays this place is worst than twitter...

Reactions: go4hockey

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY

There is a big difference between a player who is a UFA this July, and a player who is a UFA next July — did you know that?

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
There is a big difference between a player who is a UFA this July, and a player who is a UFA next July — did you know that?

I imagine for Kreider he might be available. The title literally says “Preds not moving Tolvanen for a rental” though

Rangers would probably be more interested in Fabbro anyway though

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personnally I'm not keen on moving Kreider anyway. To go further I'd probably gives Hayes what he wants but that's definitely a minority opinion on the Rangers board.

Of Nashville's prospects I'd lean towards Fabbro. But if Hayes and Zucc do move it makes no difference to me whether they go to Nashville or not--there's Calgary, Boston, Winnipeg and probably two, three other interested teams so whatever--who gives the most worthwhile return is where I expect they'll end up.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I dont get it. Fans of the Predators want a game changing player like Kreider or Stone in pursuit of a Cup, but arent willing to give up a quality asset for it. Kreider isnt even a rental, will score 30+ this year, and is entering his prime. You arent getting him for spare parts as a favor from New York.

Its this simple, does Nashville believe they can win a Cup THIS YEAR by adding one or two quality pieces? If they genuinely believe that, its sometimes a gamble you need to take when your window is open.

Rangers did that when they traded for St. Louis and made the Stanley Cup Finals. Sometimes you need a "its now or never" mentality and go all in.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

It is like people on here don't believe that GMs learn from bad precedent...

One of the major reasons why top tier prospects right now are very solely moved and almost certainly never for rentals is probably Erat for Forsberg.
So taking this as a precedent for why team X will trade top prospect Y is in some cases a bit flawed.
That said. There is a market and if multiple teams really want player Z, prospect Y might enter the discussions in a bidding war.

I could certainly see Tolvanen get moved in a Stone deal. Not because Poile wants to but because Winnipeg is offering Vesalainen and Poile decided to beat it because he is all-in for a cup and because he believes he has a decent chance of re-signing Stone anyways.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I dont get it. Fans of the Predators want a game changing player like Kreider or Stone in pursuit of a Cup, but arent willing to give up a quality asset for it. Kreider isnt even a rental, will score 30+ this year, and is entering his prime. You arent getting him for spare parts as a favor from New York.

Not going to lie... as a Leaf fan. . I don't know enough about him... because I don't obviously see many Ranger games... but he's heavy on the puck and really fast... and a LW... exactly what we need.

In saying that ... no way we have the pieces right now to get him.

I think he's going to go for a pretty good haul if he goes. 4 20 goal seasons. . 2 others that were not far off. He's really consistent. Definitely worth a 1st and a good prospect and possibly more.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not going to lie... as a Leaf fan. . I don't know enough about him... because I don't obviously see many Ranger games... but he's heavy on the puck and really fast... and a LW... exactly what we need.

In saying that ... no way we have the pieces right now to get him.

I think he's going to go for a pretty good haul if he goes. 4 20 goal seasons. . 2 others that were not far off. He's really consistent. Definitely worth a 1st and a good prospect and possibly more.

Part of the issue is fans overvalue non-elite prospects.

Reactions: qwerty

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Part of the issue is fans overvalue non-elite prospects.

Yeah no doubt. This is the time of year for that.

I've probably been guilty of that at times.

Leafs don't really have any elite talent left in the cupboards though. Definitely some good pieces forsure.

Some quality... Bracco, Lilly, and Sandin ( who might be a big steal at where we got him) otherwise... we need some good draft years coming up. . Be hard with a 1st gone though.

Anyway wrong thread for this lol

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

Today? It was horrible the day it happened and why a lame duck GM should never be kept on past his date of expiration. They will always make that desperation trade trying to save themselves which will ultimately hurt the team.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tolvanen is overrated and his numbers aren't impressive imo.
Can't go strictly on numbers with Tolvanen as he is doing what he has been asked to do by the Preds. They want him working on his full game, not just putting up points, and since the world juniors his offense is starting to creep back in while according to the Admirals fans his overall game has gotten much better.

Also keep in mind, he ain't playing with much down there, and what little we do have has been bouncing back and forth to Nashville due to injuries.

Still to early to tell just exactly what he us going to be, but if he keeps developing at a minimum I think you are looking at a 2nd liner with a well rounded game.

As far as Fabbro, as some here has suggested, I have a very very strong feeling he isn't even available. There have been zero rumors involving him since McKenzie said he planned to sign at the end of this college season.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’m gonna be pissed if our first or andersson is in a package for zucc, especially with how little a priority scoring is for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->