Zubov vs Konstantinov

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i loved vlady and would take him 100 times out of 100 to play one game, or one series, or one season for me. but he was only in the league for six seasons. career has to be zubov, i think.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Vladdy did have two AST1 in the USSR league as well before coming over, although it's a little unsure what those where worth in 1990 and 1991.

Yamaguchi*

The Ranger Zubov was very very good.

However, I liked Konstantinov more -- because of his physical play and good offensive skills.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Konstantinov in the short time he spent in the nhl was one of the most feared players out on the ice. Pound for pound the strongest player I've ever seen on the ice. And my god was he nasty. He'd just as soon as spear your balls off than take you out with an open ice check. On top of this, he was fast, agile and an excellent puck handler. He could have been a much better offensive defenseman merely by wanting to be. The tools and smarts were all there. I just think he got more enjoyment out of smashing people than scoring.

Zubov was a very good defenseman in. His career was longer, but I'll take konstantinov and his Norris caliber play for 5 of the 6 seasons he was in Detroit 100 times out of 100.

Last edited:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Zubov probably deserves some HOF consideration. Sadly, Konstantinov does not. Unfortunately, his career was just too short. The career value is just to greatley in Zubov's favour for any peak value Konstantinov may have to make up the difference.

Zubov.

Yamaguchi*

By the way, Konstantinov played forward in 80s. Hence, solid offensive skills

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This is a toughy... Vladdy was probably the better defenseman but Zubovs offense and career in which he developed into a solid two-way defenseman is just hard to compare.

During a 6 season span I take Konstantinov but Zubov for career.

Vladdy shouldve won the Norris in '96 :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad