Zone entry and shot danger stats for skaters

Chriscftb97

Feb 6, 2016
Toronto
I'm looking for stats that show how good individual players are at breaking up zone entries
and
Stats that show how many high/mid/low danger shots are recorded when a specific player is on the ice.

Been looking for these stats for a few years now. Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to find this?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm looking for stats that show how good individual players are at breaking up zone entries
and
Stats that show how many high/mid/low danger shots are recorded when a specific player is on the ice.

Been looking for these stats for a few years now. Does anyone have an idea where I might be able to find this?

Go to the Entry Defense tab
Tableau Public

You can find Scoring Chances and High Danger Scoring chances on Natural Stat Trick. Here's Sidney Crosby's page.
Sidney Crosby - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Excellent! Is there an inverse of the second one? For example if I wanted to find out how many high/medium/low danger shots an opposing team has when Shea Weber is on the ice?

Again, Natural Stat Trick...

Click Players --> On-Ice --> "more filters", you can Pick Team (Montreal) + Defenceman.

Then there's that "show/hide columns" -button, where you can add medium and low-dangers. Default usually shows only corsi/fenwick/shots/high-dangers.

Reactions: Chriscftb97

Chriscftb97

Feb 6, 2016
Toronto
Again, Natural Stat Trick...

Click Players --> On-Ice --> "more filters", you can Pick Team (Montreal) + Defenceman.

Then there's that "show/hide columns" -button, where you can add medium and low-dangers. Default usually shows only corsi/fenwick/shots/high-dangers.

Thanks so much. For the Entry Defense, is there a source where I can see all players? Teams like Boston, Detroit, and Montreal are missing and so are players like Giordano, Jones, and Chychrun.

Also while I'm here. Would you know of a site where I can find shot assist stats?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Thanks so much. For the Entry Defense, is there a source where I can see all players? Teams like Boston, Detroit, and Montreal are missing and so are players like Giordano, Jones, and Chychrun.

Also while I'm here. Would you know of a site where I can find shot assist stats?

Shot Contributions tab
Tableau Public

These stats are all manually recorded and logged and I believe the data only extends to select games. That's why certain teams and players might be missing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad