Hungary: Zoltan Hetenyi

raystorm

May 19, 2009
Finland
Hungarian goalie 4-time(?) hungarian champion Zoltan Hetenyi has join in Jokerit. He has try-out atm but i'm pretty sure that he get contract of few years. Just wondering what kind of goalie he is? What u guys think he's chances to get good goalie at european level?

Zoltan hasn't play any games at Jokerit so far but he is already fan's favourite player. He's fan shirts has sold many copies. I already buy one too.

Legend has born.

Evolved83

Dec 12, 2008
Hungarian goalie 4-time(?) hungarian champion Zoltan Hetenyi has join in Jokerit. He has try-out atm but i'm pretty sure that he get contract of few years. Just wondering what kind of goalie he is? What u guys think he's chances to get good goalie at european level?

Zoltan hasn't play any games at Jokerit so far but he is already fan's favourite player. He's fan shirts has sold many copies. I already buy one too.

Legend has born.

Hmm... don't know much about him, but where did you find the shirt?

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hetenyi started his second game for Jokerit yesterday. Jokerit beat SaiPa 7-2. Hetenyi stopped 39 of 41 shots improving his record to 2-0.

raystorm

May 19, 2009
Finland
There were with the Zoltan firts home match at Jokerit much supporting to him. Fans were singing Ria-Ria-Hungaria and Zolt! Zolt! Zolt! There was also many hungarian flags. And after game teams captain Ossi Väänänen told Hetenyi to go back to the ice because fans want to thank him and Zolt took his audience and did fantastic show!

Gotta love this goalie!

raystorm

May 19, 2009
Finland
Zoltan Hetenyi continues his career in Jokerit for season 12/13. At the moment he looks like our second goalie but European Trophy matches show us is he gonna play in Jokerit or in Mestis Kiekko-Vantaa.

raystorm

May 19, 2009
Finland
Zoltan leaves Jokerit and goes to Milwaukee next season. This was sad news for Jokerit fans.

Down there is Zoltan's post facebook few days after his transfer away from Jokerit.

Dear Jokerit Fans!

It is really difficult to write or say anything...
I'm trying, but the words arent coming...
I know,we havent been in touch for a while,and now this is happening.I have to say something more, than thank you guys!
Because that tons of love,positive energy,that attitude when you guys approach me,that support what you have given to me is impossible to discribe with human words...
No other people and fans before, have treated me so well, like you guys.And i will never forget it!
I will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria in the Hartwall Areena.I will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria in Vienna, when i didnt even play...And i will never forget when you guys were singing Ria Ria Hungaria today,in Valtti Areena...
I am having lots different feelings and emotions right now.I hope you dont feel like,i have betrayed you.But i had to take this chance.I have to prove my myself.Because the words we say, will be lost by the time,but the things what we will be getting done in the future,will leave a mark in our life.And Jokerit has made a huge mark in my life.This season was a milestone in my career,and hopefully not the last.

It was so hard to see you guys today,when you came to me, and started crying...I was asking myself,why?Do i deserve it?it cant be!
But this is Jokerit!These are you guys!UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT MAKERS!And we players have to appreciate and respect it.We have to be thankfull,and play always with Heart!

Mina Me Jokerit!Én Mi Jokerit!
Kiitos!Köszönöm Szépen Nektek!
Zoli Hetényi

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would love it if Hetenyi does well in the AHL and someday plays in the NHL(it could happen! Goalies sometimes develop late!), becoming the first Hungarian in the NHL. Go Zoltan! :handclap:

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I would love it if Hetenyi does well in the AHL and someday plays in the NHL(it could happen! Goalies sometimes develop late!), becoming the first Hungarian in the NHL. Go Zoltan! :handclap:

I'll be cheering for Zoltan as well. He developed a lot of followers here with his performance at rookie camp in July when he earned himself a contract. The plan right now is for Hetenyi to start at the ECHL level in Cincinnati and serve as the No. 3 goalie for the Milwuakee Admirals (AHL) this season. Cincinnati shares their affiliation with Montreal too, so their goalies usually split time 50/50 between the two organizations. Hetenyi might also get a recall to Milwaukee to serve as the No. 2 behind Jeremy Smith if Magnus Hellberg needs to get in a few games.

Overall, I think he'll get a good shot here. With Chet Pickard and Atte Engren going to Europe this summer, there is a spot up for grabs in the Nashville system. Hetenyi earned a shot at it and will be given the opportunity to seize it this season.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
So where will he playing for the remainder of the season, in the ECHL like he has so far or will he get a chance in the AHL with Milwaukee?

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
Aww...

http://prohockeynews.com/orlando-goalie-hetenyi-arrested-in-georgia/

Orlando goalie Hetenyi arrested in Georgia
[...]
The alleged incident happened at the Arena Tavern on Satellite Boulevard in Duluth. Warrants obtained by the Daily Post stated that Hetenyi was in the establishment between 1:30 and 3 a.m. During that time, the warrants allege he “grabbed (a waitress’) buttocks with both his hands, grabbed the victim’s buttocks a second time and grabbed the victim’s breast with his handsâ€.

Another accusation in the warrants said that Hetenyi was yelling that “he hated all Americans†and black people, using the n-word in reference to African-Americans.

None of the warrants made reference to alcohol being involved in the incident. As of Monday, a full incident report had not been made available by Gwinnett County police.

Viskeywrobr

Sep 20, 2013
Last thing I saw, he was going to play in Finland. I think he got a 2 year deal. Still waiting on someone. Maybe Daniel Kogerlast I saw he wa as headed for Ahl.

(my first post here)

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Last thing I saw, he was going to play in Finland. I think he got a 2 year deal. Still waiting on someone. Maybe Daniel Kogerlast I saw he wa as headed for Ahl.

(my first post here)

Hetenyi is playing for Tappara and Koger has been invited to attend Rockford's training camp.

Still a little ways to go before you see a Hungarian-born player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad