Znojmo (Cnajm)

Babula

May 31, 2012
I'm a big fan of this EBEL project, which Znojmo is participating. I like this type of competition on regular season basis, where is a "many" nations participating.

In Znojmo (30k city) is strange situation, right now. The soccer team is promoted from second tier to first league. Regardless the fact, that there is insufficient stadium and there are "no soccer spectators". People in Znojmo are mostly loving hockey. But managment of soccer club wants to play 1st league. Fragmented interests produce many kind of rumors, such as the most popular one, regarding Znojmo these days, that Znojmo is heading to leave EBEL. Fans of Znojmo in EBEL are scared about outflow sponsors and about everyone spectator, who is about, fragmenting his sport preference or changing his mind nowadays.

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
bump. For the first time in five seasons, Znojmo makes the semifinal. congrats guys. All fears are suddenly gone.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, watched the few last games, Znojmo really has quite a nice team this year. Hopefully they build on that success. Also makes me wonder a bit what happens if Znojmo go as far as finals, will the club manage to keep this core of affordable players that have been around for years together or will they get poached by everyone like it happened to Bolzano. Yellow Horn should obviously try his luck in a bigger league, kinda odd he wasted a year of his life playing in Japan already.

Also, got to love that Lakos signing.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Czech football league is just halfway through the season, what promotion are you talking about? Znojmo is leading now but there are 12 games to go and Sokolov, the 3rd place team, is just 7pts behind. I don't see how Znojmo's promotion would be a problem for ice hockey. Do they really think stripping the city of a successful hockey team would make people go watch football, like nothing happened? Honestly, if my city's hockey team was destroyed for a purpose like that, I would never even pay a single penny to watch this football team.

Moreover, Znojmo FC will probably get relegated next year. No big deal. I hope Znojmo remains in EBEL; that's good both for the team and the league. While the hockey team is an important one in its league, I guess nobody cares about Znojmo FC. They are below average in Czech football standards at best and honestly, this standard I am talking about is not really high. Sparta Prag and Viktoria Plzen, that's all. Nothing worth mentioning apart from those.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think that's an old talk now. 3 years ago situation was different but this is 5th EBEL season for Znojmo already so I think they don't really worry about anything too much anymore.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I think that's an old talk now. 3 years ago situation was different but this is 5th EBEL season for Znojmo already so I think they don't really worry about anything too much anymore.

exactly.

I think they are enjoying the current series, as well as me. Znojmo managed to qualify for the Champions League this season and semifinal series is tied 1-1 with Linz at the moment.

thanks for the comments.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
2:1, Znojmo vs VSV finals would be great. Orli quickly earned good reputation around EBEL, there are always goals to be scored when Znojmo is in town.

Babula

May 31, 2012
2:1, Znojmo vs VSV finals would be great. Orli quickly earned good reputation around EBEL, there are always goals to be scored when Znojmo is in town.

perfect.

2-2 in both series, right now.

Salz vs. Villach and Zno vs. Linz

sooooo pumped series in my eyes... :handclap:

Babula

May 31, 2012
ecstasy. Orli makes the final against Salz... Orli really deserve the champions league, right now. all honor to the team and specially our Canadiens, Corey (Trivino) and Colton (Thompson) Yellow Horn. Thank you guys, for the important moment in my life.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Well done, congrats. Linz is not an easy team to beat in play off series, hard-physical bunch but you did it. I wasn't able to watch any game, will watch finals for sure.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Yeah, Znojmo lost many players from last season. For example Colton becomes a "real Indian" in Pilsen (Czech extraleague), next loss are D-mens Boruta or Stach...etc... Last add is Patryk Wronka from Podhale Nowy Targ. MVP of the last WC 1A. Anyway, guys like Pucher, Tomas, Lattner, Lakos, Sulak etc. and goalies without Jan Lukas are staying...

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Since the tag is Austria...

Petition for an ice rink in Modling. Bad weather caused the old dilapidated rink to close for multiple weeks during the winter, cancelling many practice sessions for youth and adult teams. Modling is also accessible by tram from Wien, where Ice time is hard to come by for not only hockey players but Ice skaters, casual skaters, curling players, etc.

https://www.openpetition.eu/at/peti...senen-eishalle-im-gemeindegebiet-von-moedling

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad