Zinoviev - how is he?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I personnally think that if Canadians doctors said out for 6 months that means a torn ligament. I can't believe he will play with one. I think Tretiak is playing mind games.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Well, according to Tretiak again, Canadian doctors said he will be out for 6 months, Russian doctors said he can play. http://olympiada.sport-express.ru/2010/news/346958

My quick translation:

Q: Everybody is wondering about the well being of Zinoviev.

A: But he's on ice! See, seems to skate normally. We were notified in a special meeting on Monday, not mentioning his name, that a player is out for half a year. But it ended up being only a diagnosis of Canadian doctors and it almost considered him disabled. Yes, Sergei has some issues, but he must play against the Canadians. He will wear special protection.

Not sure what Canadian doctors had to do with it. Wouldn't they have some of theirs? Perhaps he ment Olympic doctors? Perhaps they don't believe in MRI in Russia.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Russia definitely need Zinoviev, he's the only one who can score goals like this.

:D

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
dchesnokov
Russian doctors are trying to have Zinoviev ready for the game tomorrow vs. Canada. He is very doubtful. Decision'll be made tomorrow.

If we do see Zinoviev, it wouldn't be the 100% version of him.

Meridian

Feb 18, 2010
Odessa

He said canadian doctors made verdict "6 months out". But the russians told " he will play". Zinovyev took part in training equally other players.

Maybe the fact is russians are harder than canadians and when canadian player out for 6 months, russian puts on his skates, comes and and plays. :)

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
He said canadian doctors made verdict "6 months out". But the russians told " he will play". Zinovyev took part in training equally other players.

Maybe the fact is russians are harder than canadians and when canadian player out for 6 months, russian puts on his skates, comes and and plays. :)

Zin wants to play that is a positive sign even if he may have a torn ligament he wants to go out there and do it for his country. This is what i am liking about this team under Bykov over the past few years. ****en hope we win and hope he is as close as he can be to 100%. This new generation are more patriotic then the players during the 90's and early 00's. DAVAI!!!! Please win boys :handclap:

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
Man it's going to be tough for him. This isn't NHL playoffs where being a warm body is good enough against 3rd and 4th liners and such. Plus this is Canada, they're going to make him pay. He probably hasn't seen such physical play since last year's WC. And now they're putting him out there on one leg.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
If it's a torn or damaged ACL, it's possible to place with a brace on. Players do it all the time. You still have full power and strength, but need the brace to stabilize your knee.

Chicagofan19

Oct 31, 2007
Ã…rhus, Denmark
If it's a torn or damaged ACL, it's possible to place with a brace on. Players do it all the time. You still have full power and strength, but need the brace to stabilize your knee.

yes, steve walker of the german champion eisbären berlin did that for a while. it may be possible, but after the tournament i definitely recommend a reconstruction. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->