HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ziggy Stardust!!!

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date

Captain Mittens*

img-bowie-cake_160404389914.jpg

We all hope your day today is more like 7pm-7:35 than between 7:35 and midnight last night.

But seriously, you are one of my all time favorite people here. If you ever change, we'll send the domos after you

domo-attack-web.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Thanks guys. The Kings gave me a terrific gift last night, the gift of being shutout at the home opener, which coincidentally also occurred at the last home opener I attended that also happened to be my girlfriend's first hockey game. That was a 1-0 shutout loss in a painfully boring game.

What is it with the Kings and disappointing me at home openers that fall around my birthday?

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Thanks guys. The Kings gave me a terrific gift last night, the gift of being shutout at the home opener, which coincidentally also occurred at the last home opener I attended that also happened to be my girlfriend's first hockey game. That was a 1-0 shutout loss in a painfully boring game.

What is it with the Kings and disappointing me at home openers that fall around my birthday?

Well if we're going off of the last couple of banner nights, they're simply foreshadowing

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
One memorable Kings related birthday celebration I did want to share was when they retired Gretzky's number 99 on my 21st, and it was a home opener that I was able to attend (and probably the one I remember fondest, next to them pounding Ottawa at one of their home openers and a lady exposed herself, which got a reaction out of Bob Miller).

Here's the recap from that game on 10-9-02 with the Kings beating the Coyotes 4-1.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221009008

A quick highlight:

And this awesome gift my girlfriend bought me a couple of years ago for my bday, which was an authentic, autographed Kings jersey that was auctioned at that Kings game:
gretzky_zps65eaee16.jpg

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles

Happy birthday!! I've been reading your posts for almost 10 years!

Captain Mittens*

One memorable Kings related birthday celebration I did want to share was when they retired Gretzky's number 99 on my 21st, and it was a home opener that I was able to attend (and probably the one I remember fondest, next to them pounding Ottawa at one of their home openers and a lady exposed herself, which got a reaction out of Bob Miller).

Here's the recap from that game on 10-9-02 with the Kings beating the Coyotes 4-1.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221009008

I really miss the JAZ/LAPD line :(

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Feels like everyone's birthday is right around this time of year. Happy birthday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->