Confirmed with Link: Ziggy Palffy Retires From Pro Hockey

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It was pretty well known while he was playing that while Ziggy wasn't considered a bad guy, he wasn't a team leader and he wasn't buddies with anyone on that team. He wasn't a culture guy as Deano likes to put it. He certainly wouldn't have fit in with THIS Kings team.

Great offensive talent...Loved watching him play...no disrespect to him as a hockey player. Just not a huge team guy.

He was best buddies with Jozef Stumpel. And it wouldn't surprise me if he was good with Lubomir Visnovsky. I remember at the time it was too bad we didn't have Pavol Demitra on the team as well for an all Slovak line/unit like the Wings Red Army unit.

I believe Palffy and Stumpel were childhood friends and I remember hearing Palffy went to Stumpel's wedding...

We're not talking about Sean Avery here...

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I credit Ziggy with ending the black hole era for the Kings. There were some dark years in between the Great One and Palffy, actually not that many but it felt like a lifetime, and Ziggy was the first player to get me excited about watching a Kings game. He ended the "Hey, we should go get a lot of big guys who can't play hockey" era.

ziggyfan

Oct 7, 2011
He was my favorite player for some time. Glad he got to go out on his own terms despite all the injuries over the years. Would love to see him in an alumni game in the future.

Me too. I would love to see him play once again.

We named our dog (we don't have kids so...) after him. He was a joy to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->