Zibanejad vs Silfverberg

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Zibanejad for sure. He fits our needs better and is the better player as of today.

The problem with Silf is that there is no middle ground for fans. Some agree that he's a top 6 guy and that he could be a 60 point player and then some say that he's a 30 point player... Silfverberg is an excellent player, I still take Zibanejad but I wouldn't be surprised to see Silf close to Ryans point totals next season.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Not even close. Would love to have Silf back but I would take Zbad every day of the week. He'll be our number one center for many years to come.

I'm also glad it wasn't Hoffman or Stone we sent instead. Imo we sent the lesser of the 4 assets that could contribute now that the ducks would have wanted.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I've been a bigger fan of Zib since day 1, and while I'm certainly impressed with what Silfverberg was able to do in the playoffs, I still think Zib has the higher upside, and finds that next gear in the next two seasons.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I say Zibanejad, but still think we could have made the deal with other prospects in place of Silf

Honestly, Anaheim isn't stupid. They were trading a 30 goal scorer who they drafted and groomed. They weren't going to accept a bunch of prospects for potential like Puempel and Prince just because that's who Ottawa wanted to trade. This love affair with Silf is amusing considering IMO he was probably our 4th best young forward after Z-bad, Stone and Hoffman. And, hot playoff run aside, I wouldn't trade ANY of those three in lieu of him. Silf's best season is still 39 points. When Z-bad is 24, he could have that number in half a season if his line with Ryan and Hoffman progress as they have been.

Not to mention we have no idea what Puempel and Prince will top out at.

Zibby all day, every day. Zib is already better now and will only get better.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'll bet on zbad for the future. Right now they are pretty equal players

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
If Bobby Ryan hadn't completely **** the bed for the last 15 games or so of the season I think Zibanejad would have posted even higher totals than he did this season. I feel like his production is tied into how effective Ryan is out there more than Hoffman. Z-bad and Ryan work very well together and whatever happened to Ryan affected Zibanejad as well. He's a young player who doesn't quite have the consistenty to carry a line on his own production wise just as yet

Went to Game 3 this year and they were showing highlights of the season during a commercial break.. noticed that for the majority of points/goals Zibanejad got over the course of the year had Ryan involved in the play somehow and the majority of point Ryan got rhoughout the year had Z-bad involved in it somehow too

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
If Bobby Ryan hadn't completely **** the bed for the last 15 games or so of the season I think Zibanejad would have posted even higher totals than he did this season. I feel like his production is tied into how effective Ryan is out there more than Hoffman. Z-bad and Ryan work very well together and whatever happened to Ryan affected Zibanejad as well. He's a young player who doesn't quite have the consistenty to carry a line on his own production wise just as yet

Went to Game 3 this year and they were showing highlights of the season during a commercial break.. noticed that for the majority of points/goals Zibanejad got over the course of the year had Ryan involved in the play somehow and the majority of point Ryan got rhoughout the year had Z-bad involved in it somehow too

It wasnt just Ryan either. It was Ryan AND Hoffman. Both scored only like 7 points in their last 20 games

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Wrong. They were adamant about Zib or Silfv coming back as the primary piece. Nothing else woulda caught their attention as the main piece.

It was Silf, Zibby or Cowen.

We could of made it without Zibby or Silf. Cowen was seemingly more important to the future of the team though

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
5661664_orig.gif

vs.
2014-10-11%2023_04_26.gif

but OMG DAT SILF RELEASE!!

I'll give it to Silf that he dominates at the shootout. And yes he has a superb shot, elite even. But how many times have we seen Zib start the SO off with a sick snipe?

Answer: many.

I mean good grief, if it was a choice on who to include in the trade, you have to deal Silf instead of Zibane all day.

btw Zib scored on Big Bish, deal with it haterz loolz..

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It was Silf, Zibby or Cowen.

We could of made it without Zibby or Silf. Cowen was seemingly more important to the future of the team though

It was Cowen+Silfv/Zibanejad+2nd

When we lost Spezza they said alright we can keep Cowen but they wanted to raise the pick to a 1st. Murray kept trying to fight for a 2nd instead but ended up settling for Silfv+1st+Noesen.

In Hindsight, Cowen+Silfv+2nd woulda been better deal for us but Cowen might still find his game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
It was Cowen+Silfv/Zibanejad+2nd

When we lost Spezza they said alright we can keep Cowen but they wanted to raise the pick to a 1st. Murray kept trying to fight for a 2nd instead but ended up settling for Silfv+1st+Noesen.

In Hindsight, Cowen+Silfv+2nd woulda been better deal for us but Cowen might still find his game.

Im going to have to look back on the quotes from the time of the trade but im almost 100 percent certain if was one of Silf, Zib or Cowen

You dont mean Spezza. We had spezza a year after the trade.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
They asked for 2 of 3 players that were on our team and I said that I couldn't do that. Bob understood after Alfie leaving this morning that losing 2 players off the roster would be too difficult for me to do.
There were a couple of young guys, and noesen was a guy that at the end of the day that I passed on to them and then, as I say the pick"(referring to the change of a 2nd round pick to a 1st)

But i read they wanted Silf, Cowen or Zibby.

At the time they needed a defensemen like Cowen

Given how unwilling Murray is still to give up Cowen i think its reasonable Murray talked them into Silf+1st+Noeson.

I never found anything that gave me any indication it was just Silf or zibby

"By the way, the Ducks wanted two of the following three Senators roster players for Ryan: defenceman Jared Cowen, forwards Zibanejad and Silfverberg."

IceLevel posted link to the report but its a dead link now. The link was a sens develipment camp thing or something.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/claesson-and-a-band-of-brothers-stand-out-at-development-camp

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
It's all speculation. It could have been literally anyone.

Hell, for all we know, the Ducks could have been asking for Stone + Turris at first.

Icelevel posted a link that it was Cowen, Zibby or Silf but now the link is dead so we onlt have his comment lol

Originally they wanted two of the year but Murray talked them into Noeson who the ducks wanted to draft and then Murray upgraded the pick from a second to a 1st

So it could of been

Cowen+Silf+2nd
and i think its reasonable to think

Cowen+Noeson+1st

but thats more speculation

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Who is the source?

The ratio of "good sources" on the internet to bad ones is about 1:200

Unless it was a trusted guy, the rumour might as well have been Bobby Ryan for Wayne Gretzky and a unicorn.

Senators extra. Dont know what that is though. Would have to ask ice level what he remembers

Looking back in the old trade thread seems a lot of people were speculating the 3 roster players the ducks wanted were Cowen, Silf and Zibby

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Senators extra. Dont know what that is though. Would have to ask ice level what he remembers

Looking back in the old trade thread seems a lot of people were speculating the 3 roster players the ducks wanted were Cowen, Silf and Zibby

Honestly I don't remember reading those specific names. I do remember that BM quote though about noesen and the pick.
Maybe if I saw my post around the link it would refresh my memory.
What did I say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->