More valuable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Two amazing forwards in perfect age and many good years to come. Both probably top-25 players in the league. When was the last time Rangers had that?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hmmmm was my post today?? Oh I thought it was Monday my bad. If you are really watching the rangers and think pan has been better since the break you need to watch again. Thread is also about who’s more valuable not who’s more talented. Guy is better defensively, your number 1 center, prob your next captain, 2 years younger, making half as much.

Is the thread about who has been better the last month? I don't think it is. Zibanejad's had a better month. I don't think that means he's had a better season or is a better player than Panarin.

I don't have access to the data because its something you have to pay for and this was from a chart I saw in an article yesterday, but Panarin had a GAR of 24.5, Zibanejad was fifth among the forwards on the team at 7.1.

3-5 were virtually the same, and I'm sure Zibanejad has passed Kreider and Strome yesterday, but he was also about 5 GAR behind Buchnevich. And a large part of that was missing a number of games. I don't think anyone's suggesting that this one stat means Zibanejad isn't a great player or not the second best player on the team, but Panarin's GAR was over double any of the other forwards. Thats ridiculous, I suspect the best total in the league, and it's why he'll probably win the Hart if we make the playoffs.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Panarin is undoubtedly better, but Zibanejad is a freaking stud. Success of this franchise lies in their hands.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Panarin is quite arguably the best winger in the league, EASILY top 5. That’s a superstar

Never said he wasn't. I said he didn't elevate himself in my books to superstar until this year if you actually read my post more carefully. Prior to this year he was regarded as an elite player who was arguably a borderline top 5 winger. In my books a Superstar is top 3 at his position, maybe top 5 depending on depth of the position (#1D, #1C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad