Zibanejad goal prediction

Zibanejad goal pace

• Total voters

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Feasts on bad teams? When have McDrai ever put up 5 goals against any team? Mika put up a 5 spot on Washington (noted bad team) including the OT winner. Have McDrai even put up back to back natural hat tricks or back to back 6 point games? It was against Philly, it’s not like it was the Sabres or Devils. Philly would’ve made the playoffs in your division

My man. Zib is a good player but he is nowhere near as good as you or Ranger fans think he is. He’s been a ppg player once in his career and he’s 28. He had a massive outlier year when he scored 41. Last year he literally scored 60% of his production in like 8 games and those teams were Philly, NJD and Buffalo.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Dude put up 41 goals in 57 games and you think he can’t make the extra step to 50? He only would have needed 9 goals in 25 games to finish with 50 and he was heating up as the season came to a close.

He followed up that performance with 24 goals in 56 games. This is a 35 goal pace, which is in line with his average since he joined the Rangers.

The 41 goal season is a fluke that he won’t repeat. He literally scored 5 goals in a single game against the Caps.

I see a ton of Zibanejad as a Caps fan too. He’s a brilliant goal scorer when he’s on, but he has long stretches of being invisible on the ice and on the score sheet.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Depends. If he goes into the season without a new contract he will tear the league a new asshole.
If he gets a huge extension prior to the season expect like , 28 goals max.

Drury better make the right decision here.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Wouldn't be a player thread on HF if an Oilers fan didn't come in to say that they are bad and that McDavid/Drai are better

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because Drai is much much better. If you watch them play he dominates every night. Zib feasts on bad teams and scores his points in bunches. Big difference between them lmao

Draisaitl and McDavid both feast on bad teams and score in bunches. Every good scorer in the NHL does. It’s not the insult you think it is.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
40-45.

I would think about .5 GPG.

He could struggle at ES without Buch who carried him at ES last season, but he’ll still be great on the PP. If Lafreniere and/or Kakko have big seasons, that could help out his goal totals.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Wouldn't be a player thread on HF if an Oilers fan didn't come in to say that they are bad and that McDavid/Drai are better

And it wouldn't be an HF thread if someone doesn't bother to read the full context and realize the NY homer brought them up to begin with lol. I've never once said Zib is bad I just don't think he's a top 10C in the league or is a 40+ goal scorer. A top 15-20C is nothing to be ashamed of..

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If he is healthy, gets off to an acceptable start, and given that it is a contract year... I forecast a 40-45 goal season, finishing top-5 in the NHL.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Zibby has one of the best shots in the game, insane accuracy and hard as a mofo. Guy is already a 40+ goal scorer, and a top 12 C in the NHL.

he straight up dominates out there but does tend to get hurt fairly often. I’m gonna go with 44 goals in 71 games, it’s contract year.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Somewhere around 35-40 goals. I don't think he's proven to have the consistency to be expected to hit 50. It's possible, but not probable. 50 goals isn't easy to come by these days. Since 2005, there have been 22x 50 goal seasons.

Ovechkin has 8 of them.
Kovalchuk has 2
Stamkos has 2
Heatley has 2
Jagr, Crosby, Draisaitl, Malkin, Lecavalier, Iginla, Perry, and Cheechoo all have one each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad