Proposal: Zibanejad and Strome (@ 50% ret) to Tampa or Vegas

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rangers are looking to compete though, no? Rebuild on the fly type situation? Shipping out your 1C doesn't make sense...

Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but I won't be surprised when Yzerman will trade Tyler Bertuzzi for Zibanejed. Rangers are all after nastiness and so they will get it more. MORE! :naughty:

It's as unrealistic as De La Rose for Fabbri or Mantha for Vrana + 1st + 2nd.

But Yzerman just does those.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
While I appreciate the effort you put in here, this one will not go on the fridge

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The Rags could have added nothing to the Vegas part of the proposal and still have gotten Ryan Reaves thrown in plus more instead of trading a draft pick .

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
I have combined these exchanges into one topic. There are similarities: team motivation, lack of free space in the cap space.
These exchanges are different development strategies for the Rangers.
The exchange with Tampa is a ready player.
The exchange with Vegas is a promising player.
Cap space Tampa and Vegas = $ 0.0M.
Both teams have a goal of winning the 2022 Stanley Cup. Obtaining Zibanejad and Strome serves this purpose. The price for these players is affordable for both teams.

Tampa gets:
Zibanejad (@50% ret)
Strome (@50% ret)
Rangers gets:
Cirelli

Finance - difference: $ 0.125M

Tampa gets: strengthened team, increased Stanley Cup winning chances, about $ 5.0M after season. Considering the end of the Palat contract - about $ 10.0M for the conclusion of new contracts with players (UFA). Players are willing to enter into contracts with Tampa at a low cost. Examples are Perry, Bogosian. If Tampa wins the Stanley Cup for the third time, the number of applicants will increase even more. Tampa can connect a third team to the exchange (@ 50% ret). It's very cheap.

Tampa loses Cirelli:
Damage is easily remedied (UFA players).

Vegas gets:
Zibanejad (@50% ret)
Strome (@50% ret)
Rangers gets
Krebs
Smith (conditionally)

Finance - difference: $ 0.075M (including Smith)

Conditionally - exchange Smith.
Chooses Vegas:
Vegas itself changes Smith.
Vegas includes the player in the deal.

Vegas gets: team strengthening, Stanley Cup winning chances Increased, about $ 5.0M after the season.
In case of victory in the Stanley Cup, everything is justified.
In case of failure in the Stanley Cup - Krebs is the price of increasing the chances of winning the Stanley Cup. For $ 5.0M after the season, you can sign a player (UFA). Vegas can connect a third team to the exchange (@ 50% ret). It's very cheap.

Vegas losing - Krebs:
Krebs is the player of the future.In the coming season, the acquired players will bring more value.

Alexandar Georgiev AAV $ 2,425,000 RFA 2022 (@ 50% ret) may be included in the Rangers-Tampa / Vegas deal if required. Tampa / Vegas adds by agreement.
Which is the best option? :huh: Who adds? :popcorn:

Bern is that you?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Seems horrible for Tampa. They can’t resign either Strome or zib and they give up a young cirelli.
The Cirelli trade is my favorite kind of trade board proposal, that very special trade that’s terrible for both teams.

Cirelli is signed for two years and then is a RFA. I guess it would be nice for Tampa to have the two Rags players next season, though I’m not sure what passes for a defensive-minded center on that team then, but they would leave the next off-season as UFAs. Tampa just lost two centers, three if you throw in Coleman, they probably want to hang on to Cirelli rather then spend him on rentals.

And Drury is spending 4.875m to not have Zib and Strome be his top six centers so he can have Cirelli under contract in 2022-23 and then have him as a RFA with arbitration rights in the following off-season. Cirelli would be a nice player to have but I don’t see Drury spending millions to make his team worse next year in order to get him. (Considering Gorton just got shitcanned for missing the playoffs.)

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I would say that the formatting of the proposal is better than what bern usually puts together. Unless that's another ruse to make us think they're two different people! They do read as very similar people!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I have combined these exchanges into one topic. There are similarities: team motivation, lack of free space in the cap space.
These exchanges are different development strategies for the Rangers.
The exchange with Tampa is a ready player.
The exchange with Vegas is a promising player.
Cap space Tampa and Vegas = $ 0.0M.
Both teams have a goal of winning the 2022 Stanley Cup. Obtaining Zibanejad and Strome serves this purpose. The price for these players is affordable for both teams.

Tampa gets:
Zibanejad (@50% ret)
Strome (@50% ret)
Rangers gets:
Cirelli

Finance - difference: $ 0.125M

Tampa gets: strengthened team, increased Stanley Cup winning chances, about $ 5.0M after season. Considering the end of the Palat contract - about $ 10.0M for the conclusion of new contracts with players (UFA). Players are willing to enter into contracts with Tampa at a low cost. Examples are Perry, Bogosian. If Tampa wins the Stanley Cup for the third time, the number of applicants will increase even more. Tampa can connect a third team to the exchange (@ 50% ret). It's very cheap.

Tampa loses Cirelli:
Damage is easily remedied (UFA players).

Vegas gets:
Zibanejad (@50% ret)
Strome (@50% ret)
Rangers gets
Krebs
Smith (conditionally)

Finance - difference: $ 0.075M (including Smith)

Conditionally - exchange Smith.
Chooses Vegas:
Vegas itself changes Smith.
Vegas includes the player in the deal.

Vegas gets: team strengthening, Stanley Cup winning chances Increased, about $ 5.0M after the season.
In case of victory in the Stanley Cup, everything is justified.
In case of failure in the Stanley Cup - Krebs is the price of increasing the chances of winning the Stanley Cup. For $ 5.0M after the season, you can sign a player (UFA). Vegas can connect a third team to the exchange (@ 50% ret). It's very cheap.

Vegas losing - Krebs:
Krebs is the player of the future.In the coming season, the acquired players will bring more value.

Alexandar Georgiev AAV $ 2,425,000 RFA 2022 (@ 50% ret) may be included in the Rangers-Tampa / Vegas deal if required. Tampa / Vegas adds by agreement.
Which is the best option? :huh: Who adds? :popcorn:

only on HF do you see this utter crap

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I wrote - ”Another deal is overpayment”. It's a Vegas deal.
“I was interested in reading other options for sharing with Vegas.
For example (Rangers - Vegas) - Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs”.

I was counting on such proposals. It can be seen that the inclusion of Zibanejad in the Vegas deal is a mistake…..”
Was Zibanejad included in the Vegas trade on purpose? Of course yes. I thought there would be many other suggestions (no player). Strome (@ 50% ret) +. Strome alone is not enough. I wanted to read the supplement suggestions.

I was wrong. There were practically no offers. I quote myself again:
“I find it a useful exchange for the Rangers:
Rangers – Vegas: Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs”.
I am ready to make such an exchange.
P.S. Exchange with Tampa - in a separate commentary. There are reasons for this. ;)

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Rangers – Tampa: Zibanejad (@50% ret) + Strome (@50% ret) = Cirelli. Why is Tampa doing this?
I wrote:
“I offered two unequal deals. One deal - good for the Rangers. Another deal is overpayment.
”One deal - good for the Rangers”. This is a Tampa deal.
Rangers – Tampa: Zibanejad (@50% ret) + Strome (@50% ret) = Cirelli
This exchange is useful to the Rangers. This is my opinion“.

My opinion has not changed. This is a good deal for both teams.
People ask me why teams do this.
Tampa - Will increase their chances of winning the Stanley Cup.
I wrote - ”Tampa gets: strengthened team, increased Stanley Cup winning chances, about $ 5.0M after season. Considering the end of the Palat contract - about $ 10.0M for the conclusion of new contracts with players (UFA). Players are willing to enter into contracts with Tampa at a low cost. Examples are Perry, Bogosian. If Tampa wins the Stanley Cup for the third time, the number of applicants will increase even more. Tampa can connect a third team to the exchange (@ 50% ret). It's very cheap”.

I can't explain more clearly why Tampa needs it. ;)

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Rangers – Tampa: Zibanejad (@50% ret) + Strome (@50% ret) = Cirelli. Why do the Rangers need it?

The main problem for the Rangers right now is the center line. I have written repeatedly that Chytil is underestimated. I consider it 2C. In a team with top-6 players. The Rangers chose a different strategy. The team will play in three successful triplets.

I wrote about the need to choose a development strategy for Rangers. Various options are acceptable. Each option has its own pros and cons. One of these options is a game without 1C (real 1C).
When playing in three scoring triples, this is one of the best options.
The team gets Cirelli. This is one of the best 2C available for the Rangers. The player has Stanley Cup experience. Works well in defense. The player will suit the team. He will be a good partner for Panarin or Lafrenière.

Now about the Cirelli contract. Player RFA 2023. The hockey player will be eligible for arbitration. By playing with Panarin, the player will increase his stats. A two-year contract is a solution to the problem. Rangers will acquire a player for at least 4 years. In Rangers, the player will play in position 1/2C. I think Cirelli is good at this task.

Separately for each player:
Zibanejad is 1C. There is no doubt about it. UFA 2022 player. Questions about player health. Big AAV, long term of the future contract. The new contract has an increased risk. The Rangers are better off considering other options. Zibanejad alone is not enough to get Cirelli (due to the length of the contract).

Strome is roughly 25% Cirelli. UFA 2022 player. Good option for this season. There are questions about the player's long-term potential. Big AAV, long future contract? The new contract has an increased risk. The Rangers are better off considering other options. Strong overestimation of the player by some Rangers fans. I've seen this before. Let me remind you - Buchnevich 9OA; Buchnevich 8OA; Buchnevich 5OA. Now it is Strome.

I think these two players are about the same value as Cirelli. Considering the terms of the existing contracts.
Zibanejad (@ 50% ret) + Strome (@ 50% ret) - makes this a real deal for Tampa.
For Rangers (@ 50% ret), this is no problem. Overpayment on this exchange? Maximum is a fraction of (@ 50% ret). Rangers only loses about $ 5.0M in cash. This is acceptable for the team.

This exchange is beneficial to both teams. ;)

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Is this a cry for attention or a cry for help?

I appreciated the joke. Respect. :thumbu:

Check out the comments - I got a lot of attention. :laugh:
Request for help? Looking for help? On this forum? :skeptic:

You're right. I see a light at the end of the tunnel.
I see the sign "Ambulance HFBOARDS"
I can smell sulfur. It's getting very hot.
I see someone with horns. This is probably a deer.
I open the door. Help is near. ;)

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
What do the Rangers get out of this?

Zibenejad has 199 points in his last 195 games as a Ranger, including 95 goals.

Strome has done very well.

And they need to retain 50%?

They're both on good contracts as is, especially Zibenejad.

In this scenario, the Rangers are gifting the Lightning valuable assets to win another Cup and it makes zero sense.

You already got McDonagh for Howden which was one of the most lopsided trades of the decade. They don't need any more gifts from the Rangers.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Calling you 2 similar is quite accurate
No and the further away you go from a generality [i.e., deal involving Rangers] to something more specific, the clearer it is we are not similar.

This is on top of the fact I am an accomplished professional wordsmith communicating in understandable English and OP here often rants on incongruously.

I did not want to go there but you forced it, now consider yourself rebuffed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad