Proposal: Zibanejad and Strome (@ 50% ret) to Tampa or Vegas

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1. I like Cirelli, but Rangers can't be swapping their #1 for Cirelli. We give up 2 centers and come back with 1 for a #2C spot? That makes no sense for NYR. Tampa is losing players, last thing they need to do is lose another by taking Zibanejad who they can't re-sign.

2. Oh, great. Another LW to find a spot for. Krebs probably has a bright future but not with us (NYR) at that cost. Not to mention here we are again giving up 2 centers without getting an actual 1C, or any center in this second trade proposal.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Honestly...the only way a deal like this ever happens is if the #1 pick and a young C come the other way.

You want to do this for Shane Wright and Trevor Zegras? Sure. You don't move two of the highest scoring centers in the league for what amounts to very little actual help right now - and even then - you're not moving BOTH of them.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly...the only way a deal like this ever happens is if the #1 pick and a young C come the other way.

You want to do this for Shane Wright and Trevor Zegras? Sure. You don't move two of the highest scoring centers in the league for what amounts to very little actual help right now - and even then - you're not moving BOTH of them.
And before posters start with "You're not getting Shane Wright, or Trevor Zegras for 2 UFA's Zibanejad and Ryan Strome" - that's not what the poster was saying. So don't even waste your time.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As usual OP is way way off

yes vegas and/or TB could be good fits
but not for these returns at these prices.

As others noted, NY grossly overpays.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Aren't you late, didn't Chicago already save them both. Thanks to Johnson and Fleury trades.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
All three teams say no. The Rangers are getting shafted. The other two teams don't have cap space.
It seems like you're forcing deals with the wrong teams and I can't really see how they make sense for the Rangers either.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I like it when constructive comments appear. I was hoping there would be a lot of offers, especially the Vegas deal.
I wrote:
“I offered two unequal deals. One deal - good for the Rangers. Another deal is overpayment”.

”One deal - good for the Rangers”. This is a Tampa deal.
Rangers – Tampa: Zibanejad (@50% ret) + Strome (@50% ret) = Cirelli. :thumbu:
This exchange is useful to the Rangers. This is my opinion.

”Another deal is overpayment”. It's a Vegas deal.
I wrote:
“I was interested in reading other options for sharing with Vegas.
For example (Rangers - Vegas) - Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs”.
I was counting on such proposals. It can be seen that the inclusion of Zibanejad in the Vegas deal is a mistake. The Rangers receive no other 1/2C in return (as in the Tampa deal). The exchange complicates the development of Lafrenière and Kakko. This is a clear overpayment.

This exchange is useful to the Rangers:
Rangers - Vegas - Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs. :thumbu:
This is my opinion.
Suggest your options for Rangers deals. Two targets: Cirelli or Krebs. ;) :popcorn:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I like it when constructive comments appear. I was hoping there would be a lot of offers, especially the Vegas deal.
I wrote:
“I offered two unequal deals. One deal - good for the Rangers. Another deal is overpayment”.

”One deal - good for the Rangers”. This is a Tampa deal.
Rangers – Tampa: Zibanejad (@50% ret) + Strome (@50% ret) = Cirelli. :thumbu:
This exchange is useful to the Rangers. This is my opinion.

”Another deal is overpayment”. It's a Vegas deal.
I wrote:
“I was interested in reading other options for sharing with Vegas.
For example (Rangers - Vegas) - Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs”.
I was counting on such proposals. It can be seen that the inclusion of Zibanejad in the Vegas deal is a mistake. The Rangers receive no other 1/2C in return (as in the Tampa deal). The exchange complicates the development of Lafrenière and Kakko. This is a clear overpayment.

This exchange is useful to the Rangers:
Rangers - Vegas - Strome (@ 50% ret) + Georgiev (@ 50% ret) = Krebs. :thumbu:
This is my opinion.
Suggest your options for Rangers deals. Two targets: Cirelli or Krebs. ;) :popcorn:
All of your proposals have been awful. At least you’re consistent.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
images

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Seems horrible for Tampa. They can’t resign either Strome or zib and they give up a young cirelli.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
This is certainly one of the most creative trade ideas i've seen in some time. I don't think its terrible and I get why Rangers fans would hate it, but a lot of this hinges on what you think Mika is going to get next year from the rags/free agency.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
You somehow managed to makes proposals that are bad for all three teams, as they do not make sense long term.

Why would any of the three teams do this? Vegas and tampa won't be able to resign them and why would rangers retain 50% now to make their team worse positionally and just overall?

This is actually one of the worst proposals I have seen of HF because it just makes 0 sense. Congratulation I guess??

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Rangers are looking to compete though, no? Rebuild on the fly type situation? Shipping out your 1C doesn't make sense...

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Rangers are paper-thin at Center, yet you want to give away two of their better Center assets?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->