Confirmed with Link: Zibanejad+2018 2nd for Brassard+2018 7th | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't understand..... from same screen as you it shows:

Edit: Ahhh so from Stats>Teams it shows your numbers...from Standings>League it shows mine..... No idea who is correct. LOL

Does standings add a goal for a shootout win?

Yes, you are looking at GF counting an extra goal added for each shootout win by each team. We had 6 shootout victories, which brings the total up to 336.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Rangers scored a total of 3 more goals than the Sens, and lost their 2nd leading scorer and received the Sens 5th leading scorer.

The Sens received the Rangers 2nd leading scorer and lost their 5th leading scorer.

It's fantasy hockey we are talking about right?

I know. I don't think the Rangers are much better than us.

But they made the playoffs so their players get a boost in fantasy rankings in the summer.

All I'm saying is that it isn't outrageous when you consider the source (NHL.com) and the context (fantasy); it isn't a fan-made list.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Search for a tool called "snipping tool" will help you :)

.....damn, that is a neat little bugger.

Stupid microsoft. They'll put these popups up all the time blabbing about Windows 10, but heaven forbid they tell anyone about a useful tool like that. :help:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Stupid microsoft. They'll put these popups up all the time blabbing about Windows 10, but heaven forbid they tell anyone about a useful tool like that. :help:

Apparently it's been around since windows 7 or 8 even

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I thought this was the Brassard-Zibby trade thread.

Anyways, I wrote this more than a week ago but didn't have time to post it before my vacation trip. so here it goes.

I'm extremely happy with this move. I think he's an improvement on Turris or at least just as good. I like the fact that he's a playmaker, I like the fact that he's LH, something we desperately needed in our top 6 and I like the fact that he's got playoffs experience and seems to be a clutch player, another thing we desperately needed.

I was surprised to see that he's 6'1" 205. I never thought of him as a big guy or a physical player but he does rack up more than 100 hits every season. Zibby gets more hits but considering his size, he's not what I would call a physical player either. Still, Brassard is less hesitant to go to the dirty areas, plays with more drive and passion.

Brassard might be the 2nd best playmaking centre we ever had after Jason Spezza. Back in junior, he was a pass machine setting up Guillaume Latendresse. I am really hoping GB plays him with Ryan early so they can develop some chemistry and get Ryan to play like a scoring winger again.

I'm just going to copy paste what I thought about Zibby-Ryan just before the trade.

If Bobby Ryan had a playmaking centre, he would score a lot more goals. We don't have a player like Getzlaf here ( we had Spezza but the Spezza-Ryan combo was never really tried in 2014). He played with Turris and Mac all year that season and I still believe that playing with them is his best chance to score 30. Unless, he somehow moves to the LW and plays with our best passer Stone. Something like Ryan-Turris-Stone.

Ryan is a very smart hockey player that can adapt his play depending on his line mates. Playing with Hoffman and Zibby, he has to be the playmaker, the passer. He will never reach 30 goals again playing with two shoot-first type of guys. Just look at his goal-assist ratio between Anaheim and Ottawa. His game has changed and it's because 1-he's not playing with two of the best players in the world and 2- his two linemates are shoot-first players.

I think Zibanejad is good enough to be a #2 centre if you have a legitimate #1 centre, but in our situation where the team has two #1B centres, I don't think he's good enough to make us a contender. Let's put it this way. When we look at the past few SC winners, only Boston did not have at least 1 elite centre. Like us, they had two #1B centres but they also had a great system, something that I'm hoping improves with Boucher. I still believe Zibby would be better on the LW, playing on his onetimer side and hopefully, the #2 slot gets filled by someone with better vision.

Some people may take my comment about Zibby as a knock on him, no it’s just reality. He’s not a playmaking centre, he's not Ryan Getzlaf, he’s a shooting centre. He’s got very little vision, he doesn’t like to keep the puck, he’s not the one entering the zone with the puck, he’s good at going to the net without the puck… like a winger would do. We all know what Hoffman can do so how the hell is Ryan supposed to score 25-30 when his two line mates are shoot-first type of guys?

Play Ryan with Turris and his goal production will go up.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with this trade. Dorion did real good here.

For all the skill and potential people say Zibby has, I just don't see him becoming an elite #1 centre. I was also surprised to learn that the NYR score the same amount of goals than us last year, but I doubt he's going to play with better players than Hoffman and Ryan. Zucharello is a very smart hockey player but Zibby will nullify a lot of his creativity. On the other hand, I think Brassard's IQ will make his line mates better and our PP more lethal.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

i've been using it for a long time, and even i forget it exists from time to time. Searching for 'snipping' is never on my mind and that's how i open the tool

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Been a great summer,for me .moved a weak point in our top 6 ,added a LH Turris like center for the second line .And one we arent married too,that will be cut loose as soon as one of White or Brown show their stuff :handclap:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't know how the Rangers lineup is set now, but Zibby might be more effective as a winger. He was drafted as a centre but played a lot of wing in Ottawa when Spezza was still here and there was less need for the Senators to develop a 1C because they had one in Spezza with Turris right behind him on the second line.

It might be that the Senators using him at centre was partially out of need after Spezza left. The team even acquired Legwand in case they needed to shelter Zibanejad (gee that worked out well lol). I'm not saying he can't play centre, he's done it for two seasons, but in a perfect situation, I think Zibby is an offense first 20+ goal right wing.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Been a great summer,for me .moved a weak point in our top 6 ,added a LH Turris like center for the second line .And one we arent married too,that will be cut loose as soon as one of White or Brown show their stuff :handclap:

You never know. It might be Turris eventually traded, not Brassard. People don't want to talk about it, but if Brassard blows our socks off Kyle might be on his way out in a few years, especially if he commands top dollar in 2018-2019.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You never know. It might be Turris eventually traded, not Brassard. People don't want to talk about it, but if Brassard blows our socks off Kyle might be on his way out in a few years, especially if he commands top dollar in 2018-2019.

Brassard is signed a year longer than Turris. It is one of the bonuses of the trade. Turris only makes 4M in the final year of his contract and will likely command a 2M-3M raise. At the very least, Brassard gives Ottawa flexibility to move on from Turris if one of White, Brown, or even Pageau are ready to play as the 2C.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
In 3 years time the Rangers will have a 26 year old Zibanejad just entering his prime + whoever they selected in the 2nd round in 2018, and we'll have nothing. That kind of asset management is what keeps this franchise from becoming a winner.

And Brassard walking in 3 years isn't even the worst-case scenario. Would anyone really be surprised if Dorion passes on re-signing Turris to keep Brassard, an Ottawa-native, playing for the Sens. Can't see a budget team re-signing both players to big money long-term contracts with Brown and White coming through the pipeline. We can only hope that when the time comes Dorion chooses to re-sign the better center just entering his 30s over the lesser center in his mid-30s.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In 3 years time the Rangers will have a 26 year old Zibanejad just entering his prime + whoever they selected in the 2nd round in 2018, and we'll have nothing. That kind of asset management is what keeps this franchise from becoming a winner.

And Brassard walking in 3 years isn't even the worst-case scenario. Would anyone really be surprised if Dorion passes on re-signing Turris to keep Brassard, an Ottawa-native, playing for the Sens. Can't see a budget team re-signing both players to big money long-term contracts with Brown and White coming through the pipeline. We can only hope that when the time comes Dorion chooses to re-sign the better center just entering his 30s over the lesser center in his mid-30s.

Brassard has less than two years on Turris, wording it like that is just something to suit a narrative.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised. In 3 years, White should be contending for that 2C role.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
In 3 years time the Rangers will have a 26 year old Zibanejad just entering his prime + whoever they selected in the 2nd round in 2018, and we'll have nothing.
we're in trouble if Z doesn't get better for the next several years, and there's no guarantee that Z gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad