Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Strange what is going on with this guy. He all of a sudden, out of the blue took off - as we all know the story (actually we probably know VERY little of whats going on). But I wonder what made him say/think I'm going to leave today. I agree that it is unfair that Military service is a hit or miss thing. Why didn't Kovalchuk finish his military service? If he doesn't have to why should Nikolai?

What kind of effect does this have on him playing for the Russians in a month?

As a Canadian I'll say that I'd LOVE to see him not on the team as he probably would have been their captain and first line RWer.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
I also forgot to put this question out there:
Why does he have Russian Military servie to do? He was born in the Ukraine SSR and therefore should he not be a citizen of Ukraine rather then of Russia??? Anybody know what's up with that? I know Alexei Mikhnov is the similar situation too - I dont' know if he did the military time or whatever, but he was born in Kiev - so I'm not seeing how they became Russians.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
thome_26 said:
Why didn't Kovalchuk finish his military service? If he doesn't have to why should Nikolai?
I would guess that because Kovalchuk played for Spartak Moscow and Zherdev played for the Central Army club. The Russians are known to manipulate the military service rule. CSKA probably wanted Zherdev to remain with them for two years; thus, they decided to invoke the rule.

What kind of effect does this have on him playing for the Russians in a month?
I am sure he will not be in the Russian lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->