Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
jacketracket said:
No.

Please.

For the love of all things Holy, don't attempt to explain why Zherdev, the CBJ, the NHL, and the IIHF should have done/paid one thing more than what the EXISTING agreement between the Russians and the IIHF called for.

If you feel that the agreement was unfair, fine. If it is changed more to your liking next time, bully for you.

This doesn't alter the fact that Zherdev is here now---and playing well. And, it's all legal.

Well, he might be playing well by Columbus standards, like I said, good luck to him, but my point is he showed himself as a softie and you know where softies end up in NHL when the time comes....

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Looks like I found the quote Siberian. Eat some crow now. It seems you agree with me about the crooks running your russian hockey league.

Found on this thread

Here

?????????? I think you lost your mind. What is here that contradicts to myself?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
Once again, who says Russians are not upset about losing players for virtually nothing? Stop making stuff up.

What???

I said why are you upset that he left. If he is a "softie, floater, loser, etc." , then whats the big deal. You should be proud that he is gone.

Really, this is all merely an issue of sour grapes. "We didn't get enough money for him.....he deserted us.......etc." All lines the media feed you to work you up in a frenzy and to promote national pride/unity, while at the same time making it all but desertion if a Russian prospect chooses to go to the NHL over remaining in the Russian Super League. Its a joke. They claim they have papers, but have produced none. The IIHF fee was paid, but they still want to be compensated (hey now....thats illegal..:eek: ). They say Zherdev ran away from his military obligation, but he somehow managed to clear customs in three different countries.......Sounds fishy to me. I don't know the whole story, but I can certainly point out the glaring errors in much of the Russian propaganda.

Pathetic.

Siberian said:
?????????? I think you lost your mind. What is here that contradicts to myself?

Oh you know, calling me an idiot when I pointed out that your RSL is run by crooks, when you yourself said as much.

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Well, he might be playing well by Columbus standards, like I said, good luck to him, but my point is he showed himself as a softie and you know where softies end up in NHL when the time comes....
Sure do.....apparently, they end up being selected to play in the NHL Young Guns All-Star game. :)

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
What???

I said why are you upset that he left. If he is a "softie, floater, loser, etc." , then whats the big deal. You should be proud that he is gone.

Really, this is all merely an issue of sour grapes. "We didn't get enough money for him.....he deserted us.......etc." All lines the media feed you to work you up in a frenzy and to promote national pride/unity, while at the same time making it all but desertion if a Russian prospect chooses to go to the NHL over remaining in the Russian Super League. Its a joke. They claim they have papers, but have produced none. The IIHF fee was paid, but they still want to be compensated (hey now....thats illegal..:eek: ). They say Zherdev ran away from his military obligation, but he somehow managed to clear customs in three different countries.......Sounds fishy to me. I don't know the whole story, but I can certainly point out the glaring errors in much of the Russian propaganda.

Pathetic.

Oh you know, calling me an idiot when I pointed out that your RSL is run by crooks, when you yourself said as much.

Zherdev could not legally join Blue Jackets according to the IIHF agreement because he is a military ticket holder. The documents were shown to IIHF and this was going to arbitration according to latest information. But Columbus might have paid a fee to CSKA to settle this.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
Zherdev could not legally join Blue Jackets according to the IIHF agreement because he is a military ticket holder. The documents were shown to IIHF and this was going to arbitration according to latest information. But Columbus might have paid a fee to CSKA to settle this.

Prove it. Why wasn't he stopped at the Russian, Canadian, or American borders? How come we have yet to see these "papers"?

He isn't even of Russian descent for crying out loud, yet the Russian military somehow has a claim on him...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Prove it.

He isn't even of Russian descent for crying out loud, yet the Russian military somehow conscripted him....

You are such an idiot. He is a Russian citizen!!!! All Russian male citizens are obliged to serve in the Army!!!!!!!!!!!!! Russia has 120+ different nationalities and even if he was born in Ukraine republic of Soviet Union but moved to Russia he was supposed to become a Russian citizen. How else would he play for team Russia!!!

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Do you really believe this?

Do you really think that the IIHF would break an existing agreement, and risk access to all the potential players in Russia that might want to play here, of their own accord, simply to get Zherdev over here?

He's not that good---you said so yourself.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
You are such an idiot. He is a Russian citizen!!!! All Russian male citizens are obliged to serve in the Army!!!!!!!!!!!!! Russia has 120+ different nationalities and even if he was born in Ukraine republic of Soviet Union but moved to Russia he was supposed to become a Russian citizen. How else would he play for team Russia!!!

Oh, I'm an idiot now, despite the fact that you have failed to answer each and every argument I present to you.

How does a guy with military obligations, make it through the Russian airport unimpeded? How does he make it through Canadian and American customs without being sent back as well? If they have these binding documents, then why don't they just show them and take him back? America/Canada wouldn't have let him pass through customs if there was any proof of these documents. I know this personally from my own oversea travel. You have to have a passport and have to go through customs at the airport. So how does a military conscript just get up and leave the country...especially one that had so much scrutiny on him? He can't, especially not through THREE countries....

I'm done here. No point in continuing this for the thousandth time on a totally different thread. Suffice to say that you have hijacked and ruined another Zherdev thread.

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Except everyone knows that this Young Guns All-Star game is a joke....
Yeah. It gets a lot of laughs here, on these boards.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
jacketracket said:
Do you really believe this?

Do you really think that the IIHF would break an existing agreement, and risk access to all the potential players in Russia that might want to play here, of their own accord, simply to get Zherdev over here?

He's not that good---you said so yourself.

Well, I think you are right on the money here. IIHF is a pathetic organzation which has done very little for hockey in Europe and in the world. They are happy at where they are and they do not want NHL to get mad at them that is why if they will continue on being such an NHL muppet Russian hockey will tell them Dosvidania!!!

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Oh, I'm an idiot now, despite the fact that you have failed to answer each and every argument I present to you.

How does a guy with military obligations, make it through the Russian airport unimpeded? How does he make it through Canadian and American customs without being sent back as well? If they have these binding documents, then why don't they just show them and take him back? America/Canada wouldn't have let him pass through customs if there was any proof of these documents. I know this personally from my own oversea travel. You have to have a passport and have to go through customs at the airport. So how does a military conscript just get up and leave the country...especially one that had so much scrutiny on him? He can't, especially not through THREE countries....

I'm done here. No point in continuing this for the thousandth time on a totally different thread. Suffice to say that you have hijacked and ruined another Zherdev thread.

I already explained to most idiots on Columbus board that there is no way of telling whether you serve or not. Nobody can stop you at the airport. You come up with the same stupid question again and again!!!

If you serve in US army and just decide to fly to Germany for vacation, who will stop you there, idiot????

The only documents you need on the border of US/Canada is your pasport and your visa, when will you stop being complete moron???

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=66692

In other IIHF news, Fasel said an arbitrator could be appointed in the next two to three weeks to hear the Russia Ice Hockey Federation's complaint against player Nikolai Zherdev, who left his Moscow club team CSKA for the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets in November.
CSKA and the federation said he must fulfil military obligations and can't play in the NHL.
``If Moscow wins the case, Zherdev is not allowed to play in the NHL,'' said Fasel. ``If the transfer does not follow rules in our agreement, he has to be suspended that's for sure.''

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Well, I think you are right on the money here. IIHF is a pathetic organzation which has done very little for hockey in Europe and in the world. They are happy at where they are and they do not want NHL to get mad at them that is why if they will continue on being such an NHL muppet Russian hockey will tell them Dosvidania!!!
But you're ignoring the main point here.

The IIHF may be all the things you say it is, but the fact remains that the Russians signed the agreement too---an agreement that allowed Zherdev to decide to play here.

Again, I suggest that your anger at losing a player of Zherdev's caliber is misplaced---it should be directed squarely at the Russian officials who approved the current set-up.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
jacketracket said:
But you're ignoring the main point here.

The IIHF may be all the things you say it is, but the fact remains that the Russians signed the agreement too---an agreement that allowed Zherdev to decide to play here.

Again, I suggest that your anger at losing a player of Zherdev's caliber is misplaced---it should be directed squarely at the Russian officials who approved the current set-up.

Would you read that post above yours???

jacketracket*

Siberian said:

In other IIHF news, Fasel said an arbitrator could be appointed in the next two to three weeks to hear the Russia Ice Hockey Federation's complaint against player Nikolai Zherdev, who left his Moscow club team CSKA for the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets in November.
CSKA and the federation said he must fulfil military obligations and can't play in the NHL.
``If Moscow wins the case, Zherdev is not allowed to play in the NHL,'' said Fasel. ``If the transfer does not follow rules in our agreement, he has to be suspended that's for sure.''
Pretty cut and dried, don't you think?

All the Russian federation has to do is produce the military enlistment papers that they claim they have.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not worried about that happening.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
jacketracket said:
Pretty cut and dried, don't you think?

All the Russian federation has to do is produce the military enlistment papers that they claim they have.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not worried about that happening.

Well, you are not in arbitration so you can leave your thoughts to yourself...

Columbus might have already paid the money CSKA was asking because I have not hear nothing since

jacketracket*

Siberian said:
Well, you are not in arbitration so you can leave your thoughts to yourself...

Columbus might have already paid the money CSKA was asking because I have not hear nothing since
You brought it up, bub---not me.

As I said, I'm not too worried that it'll happen.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
This time what happened is starter of the thread asked what people thought of Zherdev. I honestly answered but Zherdev lovers started attacking me, calling me names.... I just had to fire back at them, that is all.
its becuase your arguments are so ludicrous to everyone
does one person agree with you on these boards? hmmmmm

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:

Oh my god. Give it up!!!!! This has to be the fourth time theyve said this! All they do is spew bull****!!!! 'Zherdevs here already' 'Arbitration' 'Army'

Give it up they have no case.

st_roland

Siberian said:
As I said it already hundred times Zherdev made a big mistake coming to the league that early. He does have good puckhandling and some other elements but the way he started his career in NHL will hurt him quite a bit.

I would say he will be fading away in the next two years and either becomes solid third or even second liner on certain teams or he will be out of NHL at all.

Gawd. I wonder why columbus even bothered drafting him. I bet they feel really dumb now about that. You really should have told them zherdev, siberian...jeez. But I guess you couldn't have foreseen that Zherdev would have selfishly had his ice-time cut, and psychotically escaped to north america. He had NO reason to do that, right?

Seriously. I'd give good money to hear any intelligent analysis of his current playing style that indicates he will fail in at least being a very good second line sniper. NONE.

edit-OH and what happened to your mighty russian WJC team. You really should consider a different tone when prognosticating next time. Maybe a little less...i dunno, arrogant?

Last edited by a moderator:

KariyaIsGod*

Siberian said:
Except everyone knows that this Young Guns All-Star game is a joke....

You're right. Those kids playing in that game have no future and would easily be dominated by everyone in Russia, including the old women who can't skate.

It's funny how you call things jokes, when you are clearly the epitome of a farce...

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Siberian said:

He was twelve when he moved to Russia, so that was in 1996. He recieved a Ukrainian citizenship in 1991 (the year Ukraine became independent). But I am still unsure if Nikolai holds a Russian passport. And please Ukraine is Ukraine and Russia is Russia, so Ukraine has nothing to do with Russia since 1991. And lots of players born in other countries play for a different one, example Owen Nolan.

Boy oh Boy have we ever gotten off topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad