ZHERDEV:how good is he looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketracket*

All I know is that I can't wait to get to the arena on game nights, and a large part of the excitement is watching Zherdev.

This guy gets people out of their seats!

He's getting more PP time now, and he seems to be running the PP when he's out there.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Siberian said:
I think there is nothing wrong with arguing, that is what makes it interesting on message boards. The only thing I do not agree with is starting call the opponents names. You know me, I will always fire back....

How can you fire back? Are you Nikolai Zherdev? Didn't think so...

How can you be so sure that he will fail in this league? And because he was a high pick in the first round naturally we expect him to turn out to be a great player, just like all 1st rounders...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Zherdev said:
How can you fire back? Are you Nikolai Zherdev? Didn't think so...

How can you be so sure that he will fail in this league? And because he was a high pick in the first round naturally we expect him to turn out to be a great player, just like all 1st rounders...

What the heck are you talking about? Did you even understand what I wrote?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Siberian said:
Stop sucking up to everybody else.

What are you talking about? I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather not have yet another thread of you bashing Zherdev for whatever petty reason you feel like championing for today.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Sir Ozzie X said:
What are you talking about? I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather not have yet another thread of you bashing Zherdev for whatever petty reason you feel like championing for today.

If you don't like this particular thread you can go to thousands other threads and enjoy the conversations there. You are not a moderator here so it is not up to you to decide what I can be talking about.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Siberian said:
If you don't like this particular thread you can go to thousands other threads and enjoy the conversations there. You are not a moderator here so it is not up to you to decide what I can be talking about.

See, that's the point. I was enjoying this thread till you came over with your usual rhethoric of "Zherdev sucks, he's soft, a crybaby, doesn't care, only in it for the money, doesn't care about Russia, blah blah blah." This has got to be at least the fifth thread about him that you're ruined with your constant crying. Get over it, move on.

This thread was about a poster wanting to know how he's been looking from people that have actually seen the kid play, not from bitter Russians that wish nothing but the worst for the player.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Sir Ozzie X said:
See, that's the point. I was enjoying this thread till you came over with your usual rhethoric of "Zherdev sucks, he's soft, a crybaby, doesn't care, only in it for the money, doesn't care about Russia, blah blah blah." This has got to be at least the fifth thread about him that you're ruined with your constant crying. Get over it, move on.

This thread was about a poster wanting to know how he's been looking from people that have actually seen the kid play, not from bitter Russians that wish nothing but the worst for the player.

Where did I say he does not care about Russia? Why do you make up stuff? I said he does not give a damn about CBJs as he never cared to learn any English, as he had not even seen them played once, as he had to rush to join the stinking team before his stock drops.

I gave my opinion on this kid, what is wrong with you? You do not like my opinion? That is fine by me, but why do you try to play a moderator here? Buffaloe already warned people like you that he will give you a boot if you continue on doing this. Just relax and learn to listen to what other people say.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Siberian said:
Where did I say he does not care about Russia? Why do you make up stuff? I said he does not give a damn about CBJs as he never cared to learn any English, as he had not even seen them played once, as he had to rush to join the stinking team before his stock drops.

I gave my opinion on this kid, what is wrong with you? You do not like my opinion? That is fine by me, but why do you try to play a moderator here? Buffaloe already warned people like you that he will give you a boot if you continue on doing this. Just relax and learn to listen to what other people say.

So you're saying that I should listen to what every ignorant fan has to say? Gotcha.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Zherdev has played a lot better than I expected. I kind of thought that his lack of defense and inexperience would cost us some games, but I was wrong. He is by no means a defensive forward, but that the same time he has showed an effective back check and a lot of fiestiness. He's not afraid to get his nose dirty which is something I did not expect. His size is an issue. A lot of the bigger defensemen have moved him off of the puck if they could catch him. He has adjusted to the North American game very well. He is one of the 3 guys on our team that can actually carry the puck into the attack zone. I don't think there is any person that has seen 5 or more of his games this year, that could say the were disappointed. This kid may not end up being a top liner, but I think at the very least he will be a very solid secondary scorer. Samsonovish.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Zherdev is only 19. He has just now become an adult. He has made many difficult decisions and had to deal with a corrupt Russian political system. There is no hiding the fact that he made some mistakes and that does have a tendency to reflect on a his personality. However, Zherdev is in America now, away from the controversy and crap the Russian's were feeding him. He is getting a chance to succeed at a higher level, and he is performing quite well. He is a new man now. He has to make his own choices, and find his place in a new environment, thereby moving out of his comfort zone and adapting to a new lifestyle. For this reason, I say that despite what you have seen of him in the past Siberian, this is the most telling time.... NOW that Zherdev is over here in North America playing in the NHL. His choices now will affect his career exponentially more then his past mistakes will.

/rant

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
If anyone wonders why Zherdev, amoung other players, are leaving Russia... please read this article.

JF Labbe, went to play for Lada. This is an article in the Syracuse Post, about why he came back to NA in the middle of the season. Keep in mind this isnt even the "Army" team(CSKA).

Sure the money is better in the NHL, but I wouldnt put up with these kinds of things over there either...

Labbe's style cramped by demands of Russian game

Former Crunch goalie J.F. Labbe has found out that there is more to playing hockey in a faraway land than just taking the ice.

Labbe, 31, is in something of a career hiatus after leaving Lada, the team he signed to play for this season in Russia. Labbe returned to his home near Montreal during a team break in December and never returned.

Labbe said he was playing well in Russia and enjoyed the paychecks, which were much fatter than he earned in the AHL. But away from the rink, he found the lifestyle a little too restricting.

On nights before games, for instance, the team was sequestered on a military base. Armed guards patrolled the grounds. Labbe was puzzled why his coach even bothered to check on the players at night.

"I was like, 'What are you doing checking curfew? James Bond would have a hard time getting out of here,' " Labbe said. "Life after the rink is awful. You can't do anything."

Here is the link

The part about Russia, posted above, is about half way down the page.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Zherdev is only 19. He has just now become an adult. He has made many difficult decisions and had to deal with a corrupt Russian political system. There is no hiding the fact that he made some mistakes and that does have a tendency to reflect on a his personality. However, Zherdev is in America now, away from the controversy and crap the Russian's were feeding him. He is getting a chance to succeed at a higher level, and he is performing quite well. He is a new man now. He has to make his own choices, and find his place in a new environment, thereby moving out of his comfort zone and adapting to a new lifestyle. For this reason, I say that despite what you have seen of him in the past Siberian, this is the most telling time.... NOW that Zherdev is over here in North America playing in the NHL. His choices now will affect his career exponentially more then his past mistakes will.

/rant

CSKA was robbed when its player was basically stolen. I really do not care about Zherdev because highly likely he will end up a bust. Next season during lockout he will be playing in minors and that is exactly where he belongs.

I have seen him play a lot both in CSKA and Columbus and he is overrated, ineffective and average team player, sort of like poor mans Berezin. He could have stayed in Russia and mature but because his stock was dropping like a dead bird he decided to grab the money that was offered at the time.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
So much for trying to get back on the topic of Zherdev The Columbus Blue Jacket and his first 30 games in the NHL. The thread is entitiled Zherdev:how good is he looking? after all

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Ejh18 said:
If anyone wonders why Zherdev, amoung other players, are leaving Russia... please read this article.

JF Labbe, went to play for Lada. This is an article in the Syracuse Post, about why he came back to NA in the middle of the season. Keep in mind this isnt even the "Army" team(CSKA).

Sure the money is better in the NHL, but I wouldnt put up with these kinds of things over there either...

Here is the link

The part about Russia, posted above, is about half way down the page.

Thanks for the link. That is very interesting. I will ask Lada's people why they do it. It doesn't make sense to me, why would they put Lada's players stay at a military base.

KariyaIsGod*

Siberian said:
Do not make up stuff. He escaped because he is soft and has no willingnes to prove he can help his club which was CSKA. He phones his mom to Kyev and says he needs to leave because his stock was dropping (that is exactly what his mom said in an interview to Sport-Express).

Considering that the lockout was coming and nobody knew what was gonna happen to the NHL after new CBA he wanted to go and grab the money until they are still on the table.

Stop eating the crap about players from Russia dreaming of playing in NHL because it is the best league. For some of you naive losers I will reveal a big secret right now, they go to NHL because of money.

Zherdev did not even know what the heck Columbus Blue Jackets were. He even said he has never seen the Columbus play, you know why? Because he did not give a crap!!!!

I never said he gave a crap about anything. Whether his intention was money or not, it doesn't matter, he is still playing one hell of a gmae right now.

Sergei Federov and Alex Mogilny defected and look at them.

The fact that he defected shows nothing in terms of his playing skill or his character. It only proves he is a smart business man who gives a damn about his future.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Siberian said:
Thanks for the link. That is very interesting. I will ask Lada's people why they do it. It doesn't make sense to me, why would they put Lada's players stay at a military base.

I'll tell you why... CSKA asked Lada to help search for Zherdev's Military papers... :joker:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Siberian said:
CSKA was robbed when its player was basically stolen. I really do not care about Zherdev because highly likely he will end up a bust. Next season during lockout he will be playing in minors and that is exactly where he belongs.

For someone who doesn't care about Zherdev you post about him quite often.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
KariyaIsGod said:
I never said he gave a crap about anything. Whether his intention was money or not, it doesn't matter, he is still playing one hell of a gmae right now.

Sergei Federov and Alex Mogilny defected and look at them.

The fact that he defected shows nothing in terms of his playing skill or his character. It only proves he is a smart business man who gives a damn about his future.

Well, I am sorry to burst your bubble but 5 Zherdevs will not be as good as one Mogilny or one Fedorov. At the time they both had full support of fans, because there was full understanding why they do it. Zherdev has close to 0 support, specially from CSKA fans because he was well paid, he had coach's, player's and fan's trust but he stopped playing because he thought of himself as of superstar.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Ruckus007 said:
For someone who doesn't care about Zherdev you post about him quite often.

You probably do not know the whole story but why I feel sad about this case is because Russian players are stolen from Russian clubs for basically nothing. I really do not care about Zherdev but I care about the Russian hockey which lose young players annually.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Siberian said:
You probably do not know the whole story but why I feel sad about this case is because Russian players are stolen from Russian clubs for basically nothing. I really do not care about Zherdev but I care about the Russian hockey which lose young players annually.

This is not the first Zherdev thread that's ever crossed my eyes. It's not the first one that I've seen you trash him. I don't know the full story you say? Tell it to me.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Ruckus007 said:
This is not the first Zherdev thread that's ever crossed my eyes. It's not the first one that I've seen you trash him. I don't know the full story you say? Tell it to me.

This time what happened is starter of the thread asked what people thought of Zherdev. I honestly answered but Zherdev lovers started attacking me, calling me names.... I just had to fire back at them, that is all.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Siberian said:
This time what happened is starter of the thread asked what people thought of Zherdev. I honestly answered but Zherdev lovers started attacking me, calling me names.... I just had to fire back at them, that is all.

But if you don't care about Zherdev, why respond at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->