ZHERDEV:how good is he looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinbelt

MephistoIV said:
He is AMAZING. AMAZING puck control AMAZING stick handling. He is just awesome. And tell me WHAT 19 year old has good defensive hockey. Look at Gabby- He missed camp and 2 months and hes sucking. Zherdev missed training camp and 2 months(While hardly playing for CSKA) and is still great. Its his rookie year for christ sake. He will be a consistan 70-80 point scorer and a consistant maurice rocket richard contender. #2.

excellent point about gaborik. zherdev's conditioning is something that's really underrated. and i think that's a bonus, b/c it shows a good attitude.

as for bring fans to the arena, there's no question. he'll be a draw for a decade. the question, though, is whether he'll be productive. all the stickhandling and skating and whatnot in the world don't mean that he'll be a productive scorer in the nhl. that's the real question here.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Siberian said:
As I said it already hundred times Zherdev made a big mistake coming to the league that early. He does have good puckhandling and some other elements but the way he started his career in NHL will hurt him quite a bit. .
Why? Why him more than Horton or Staal or the others? When he left Russia he was barely playing for his team...
Since you know hockey better i'm sure you will be able to give more specifics about this one! :)

Siberian said:
I would say he will be fading away in the next two years and either becomes solid third or even second liner on certain teams or he will be out of NHL at all.
Well, i'm not saying this can't happen, but why do you think this way?
You think he has limited potential or maybe you have problems with his attitude?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian is Russian. He is bitter about the whole incident and believes the Russian team was cheated out of its player/and money that it deserved. His bias shines through on Zherdev, but he was pretty levelheaded when it came to the WJCs. I would just recommend taking what he has to say about Zherdev with several handfull's of salt.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Bitter is not a right word, it is more like "Sad" because in this case CSKA was clearly robbed financially. But I believe that everything that happens to a person is for a reason. What happened to Zherdev just shows exactly what kind of person he really is: weak, soft, easily gives up. He really does have some talent but we know all that talent only gives you a chance to shine, you really need to have a mindset to succeed in hockey: hardworking, tough and sometimes brutal game.
I think that Zherdev is very similar to Selivanov, lots of potential, but brains of ballet dancer.....

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Siberian said:
Bitter is not a right word, it is more like "Sad" because in this case CSKA was clearly robbed financially. But I believe that everything that happens to a person is for a reason. What happened to Zherdev just shows exactly what kind of person he really is: weak, soft, easily gives up. He really does have some talent but we know all that talent only gives you a chance to shine, you really need to have a mindset to succeed in hockey: hardworking, tough and sometimes brutal game.
I think that Zherdev is very similar to Selivanov, lots of potential, but brains of ballet dancer.....

He simply wanted out of Russia, and to play in the best league in the world. Maybe we should look at other escaping players from Russia... hmm well right off the bat there's Fetisov and Fedorov. Esacped from Russia and had/having very successful NHL hockey careers, soft? no, weak? no, easily gives up? not a chance. Actually I give him a lot of credit for doing what he did because he knew after he escaped that Russia would be all over him but he didn't let that get to him, and he's enjoying a fine season.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Zherdev said:
He simply wanted out of Russia, and to play in the best league in the world. Maybe we should look at other escaping players from Russia... hmm well right off the bat there's Fetisov and Fedorov. Esacped from Russia and had/having very successful NHL hockey careers, soft? no, weak? no, easily gives up? not a chance. Actually I give him a lot of credit for doing what he did because he knew after he escaped that Russia would be all over him but he didn't let that get to him, and he's enjoying a fine season.

See, you don't even know the story, but argue with me. He stank with CSKA and was sent to CSKA-2 to get ice-time and rebuild his confidence. But he wanted to be treated like a superstar (the same way Selivanov thought of himself). So he escaped from proving to himself that he can find his game and help his club. He decided just to give up and start all over again in a new place. This is the point I am trying to say, he will give up every time he has a chance. People like him are floaters, they are not leaders and are often just float all their lives.

People who say he will be solid 80 point player just do not know nothing about hockey and simply blind and stupid to say things like that....

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Siberian said:
See, you don't even know the story, but argue with me. He stank with CSKA and was sent to CSKA-2 to get ice-time and rebuild his confidence. But he wanted to be treated like a superstar (the same way Selivanov thought of himself). So he escaped from proving to himself that he can find his game and help his club. He decided just to give up and start all over again in a new place. This is the point I am trying to say, he will give up every time he has a chance. People like him are floaters, they are not leaders and are often just float all their lives.

People who say he will be solid 80 point player just do not know nothing about hockey and simply blind and stupid to say things like that....

So he's not good enough to play for CSKA but good enough to average a point in every two games in this day and age of the trap is not easy, plus cracking a spot with the West at the Young Stars Game.

Weak, Soft theres nothing to do with hurt feelings. Giving Up? I guess can change that to Fed Up (which means he simply did not want to take anymore)

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Zherdev said:
So he's not good enough to play for CSKA but good enough to average a point in every two games in this day and age of the trap is not easy, plus cracking a spot with the West at the Young Stars Game.

Weak, Soft theres nothing to do with hurt feelings. Giving Up? I guess can change that to Fed Up (which means he simply did not want to take anymore)

That is exactly my point, people who has feelings easily hurt do not succeed in hockey.
BTW, I never said Zherdev is not good enough for CSKA and he is definitely good enough for Columbus, it would have been really strange if he was not, CBJ's are very thin on hockey talent....

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
That is exactly my point, people who has feelings easily hurt do not succeed in hockey.
BTW, I never said Zherdev is not good enough for CSKA and he is definitely good enough for Columbus, it would have been really strange if he was not, CBJ's are very thin on hockey talent....
you're a moron. He will be AT LEAST a 70-80 point scorer... Do you think Gaborik is a star? Well Nicky came in the same situation and is having a better year. If he played the whole year hed be on pace for aprox. 42 points... 42 points for a rookie on a "very thin on hockey talent" team, no training camp, hardly playing first quarter, cant commuincate verbally with his teamates, and is barely 19. Hmmm wow he really is the next Selivanov :shakehead

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MephistoIV said:
you're a moron. He will be AT LEAST a 70-80 point scorer... Do you think Gaborik is a star? Well Nicky came in the same situation and is having a better year. If he played the whole year hed be on pace for aprox. 42 points... 42 points for a rookie on a "very thin on hockey talent" team, no training camp, hardly playing first quarter, cant commuincate verbally with his teamates, and is barely 19. Hmmm wow he really is the next Selivanov :shakehead

Hey loser. You wanna bet your ass he becomes consistent 80 point scorer?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MephistoIV said:
Wow you ignore my argument and resort to that. Figures

You are an idiot. 13 points in 26 games during the honeymoon is a low number. Chistov at least had 3 or 4 points in his first game to make his point. Anyways where is he now? In deep ****.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
You are an idiot. 13 points in 26 games during the honeymoon is a low number. Chistov at least had 3 or 4 points in his first game to make his point. Anyways where is he now? In deep ****.

deep ****?? for what?

13 in 26 is good considering everything i mentioned. I guess you dont like to read when your proven wrong... Camp, Age, Communication, Team...

Hes on pace for similar numbes nash had and look where Nash is now...

Look siberian, EVERYONE knows your bitter and ignorant. Watch the kid for 5 minutes and its amazing. He goes around defenders like ease. Do us all a favor.

KariyaIsGod*

Siberian said:

He escaped from Russia for what is probably more reasons than you or I will ever know. Bottom line is that he is here now and he's playing great. Make all the dumb comments you want but last time I checked, you weren't a pschologist and you have no qualifications that make your opinion on what goes on inside his head valid.

Here's an idea. Stick to hockey. He's a skilled and supremely talented player. We'll see what he does in the future which at this moment looks damn bright for him.

If you can't see that, I really don't know what to say. Maybe it's all that salt from the mines, affecting your judgement and vision...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
KariyaIsGod said:
He escaped from Russia for what is probably more reasons than you or I will ever know. Bottom line is that he is here now and he's playing great. Make all the dumb comments you want but last time I checked, you weren't a pschologist and you have no qualifications that make your opinion on what goes on inside his head valid.

Here's an idea. Stick to hockey. He's a skilled and supremely talented player. We'll see what he does in the future which at this moment looks damn bright for him.

If you can't see that, I really don't know what to say. Maybe it's all that salt from the mines, affecting your judgement and vision...

Do not make up stuff. He escaped because he is soft and has no willingnes to prove he can help his club which was CSKA. He phones his mom to Kyev and says he needs to leave because his stock was dropping (that is exactly what his mom said in an interview to Sport-Express).

Considering that the lockout was coming and nobody knew what was gonna happen to the NHL after new CBA he wanted to go and grab the money until they are still on the table.

Stop eating the crap about players from Russia dreaming of playing in NHL because it is the best league. For some of you naive losers I will reveal a big secret right now, they go to NHL because of money.

Zherdev did not even know what the heck Columbus Blue Jackets were. He even said he has never seen the Columbus play, you know why? Because he did not give a crap!!!!

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
Do not make up stuff. He escaped because he is soft and has no willingnes to prove he can help his club which was CSKA. He phones his mom to Kyev and says he needs to leave because his stock was dropping (that is exactly what his mom said in an interview to Sport-Express).

Considering that the lockout was coming and nobody knew what was gonna happen to the NHL after new CBA he wanted to go and grab the money until they are still on the table.

Stop eating the crap about players from Russia dreaming of playing in NHL because it is the best league. For some of you naive losers I will reveal a big secret right now, they go to NHL because of money.

Zherdev did not even know what the heck Columbus Blue Jackets were. He even said he has never seen the Columbus play, you know why? Because he did not give a crap!!!!
Please reply to my post instead of avoiding it

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MephistoIV said:
Please reply to my post instead of avoiding it

Reply to what? To the things you said that he is could have been on pace to get 42 points a season? What did you expect? He gets major ice time (like I said it is honeymoon time between him and CBJs), lots of PP time, lots of time with Nash etc. Would'n be it strange if he with all this had let's only 6-7 points in 26 games?

All of your stuff you write does not make a whole lot sense, there is really nothing to reply to.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
MephistoIV said:

his team sucks(according to you), hes 19, he missed training camp, he cant talk to anyone except spacek, Its too bad they dont teach you to read in Siberia :(

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MephistoIV said:
his team sucks(according to you), hes 19, he missed training camp, he cant talk to anyone except spacek, Its too bad they dont teach you to read in Siberia :(

So what? What is your point? He missed the camp? If he didn't he would have had better offensive numbers? I doubt it, right now he is playing on adrenoline because he wants to make a point to justify his escape. That he did not speak any English? This shows that he did not give a damn about his career in Columbus. Moscow has lots of excellent and very inexpensive teachers. If he wanted he could have picked basic English in three months like I did when I needed. He just did not give a damn about it.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
I think we should just let Nikolai Zherdev play, and instead of complaining about the past and future and how good or bad he is going to be, we should just let it play out the way it's suppose to, instead of predicting things that may or may not be...

And down the road we'll see whose right, Zherdev Fans or Siberian...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Zherdev said:
I think we should just let Nikolai Zherdev play, and instead of complaining about the past and future and how good or bad he is going to be, we should just let it play out the way it's suppose to, instead of predicting things that may or may not be...

And down the road we'll see whose right, Zherdev Fans or Siberian...

I think there is nothing wrong with arguing, that is what makes it interesting on message boards. The only thing I do not agree with is starting call the opponents names. You know me, I will always fire back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad