Zherdev back in Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
According to Sport-Express newspaper (http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?78555), there will be a meeting next Wednesday in Zurich between NHL and RHF authorities to discuss the Zherdev's case.

The article is signed by Vsevolod Kukushkin, one of the most respected hockey writer in Russia. Kukushkin writes " It is not imposible that Zherdev will fly to Moscow either next Monday or Tuesday".

Russian Hockey Insider has reproduced the text: http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&stream=sl_news&id=18

I personnally doubt Zherdev will ever be back on ice in Russia this year but who knows what can happen. There are large interests on the table and big bucks too.

Liquidrage*

Hipocracy in Russia regarding their military? *gasp* no way!

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Don't worry. He is not needed in Russia. There is hundreds of players in Russia who can put such numbers (4 points) in 20 games.
CSKA just needs some money in reward, because they participated in promotion of Zherdev so Columbus kids would be buying his jerseys like crazy.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Siberian said:
Don't worry. He is not needed in Russia. There is hundreds of players in Russia who can put such numbers (4 points) in 20 games.
CSKA just needs some money in reward, because they participated in promotion of Zherdev so Columbus kids would be buying his jerseys like crazy.

Siberian, you have a lot a « ennemies » here. But I liked that one. I personnaly think that too many people just don't consider the fact that Zherdev was not playing well since a year now. This kid has a lot of talent. He has yet to prove he has the will. For the beauty of hockey, I hope he will prove it and won't sit on his 7 millions US dollars.

TBJF

Brick by Ga-borik
Apr 23, 2003
Central Hiya
Siberian said:

Ah, so CSKA is openly admitting they are just trying to extort a bribe from Columbus? Well, like it or not there is a legally-binding agreement in place between IIHF and the Russian federation. Gee, I feel so sorry for CSKA ....

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
paul, if you're still here, there has been a lot of speculation regarding Zherdev's play in the past year. Do you think he was laying down, or "floating" as Siberian put it, in an attempt to make his transition easier? I would agree, if so, this is not a very honorable thing to do. I'm curious to hear your opinion.
If this was not the case, what do you think the problem was? Lack of heart? Hard to believe given his play in Columbus so far. (hardly enough time to get an accurate observation, I admit.) I was impressed with his willingness to lay down and block shots, though. In fact, given the impression I had of a purely offensive player, I was rather shocked.
What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad