Zetterberg's career is over... So Sad

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The whataboutism is out in full force. The amount spent on the arena, the other contracts signed, or what other players are doing doesn't change the fact that Datsyuk signed a contract that he had no intention of honoring and continued to play hockey after backing out on the contract.
Kinda like all the times Illitch said he'd get Pavel a talented "Russian buddy" to help out on offense.

Nobody in this organization is a saint with 100 percent clean hands. And that's OK. Even with people making mistakes and committing upsetting actions, the right thing to do is to evaluate the on-ice merits of the player, and honor those accordingly.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The whataboutism is out in full force. The amount spent on the arena, the other contracts signed, or what other players are doing doesn't change the fact that Datsyuk signed a contract that he had no intention of honoring and continued to play hockey after backing out on the contract.

How do you know he had no intention of honoring his contract? Maybe when his f***ing ankles fell apart and he had to get replacement tendons from a cadaver he was like "o shit if I keep playing here i'll never get to fulfill my dream of going back home and playing in russia"

Reactions: Dingo

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
the fact that Datsyuk signed a contract that he had no intention of honoring and continued to play hockey after backing out on the contract.

... Who cares? Why does this infuriate you?

It's not like he bailed on a championship team. It's not like he dragged the team down on his way out. Dropping his contract, by all accounts, cost the team no more than a normal draft day trade down. And yet, here you are, legitimately upset about it. I don't get it.

Whatever who cares. Put them all up, put none of them up. The team sucks again anyways.

Serious question, are you ok?

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
... Who cares? Why does this infuriate you?

It's not like he bailed on a championship team. It's not like he dragged the team down on his way out. Dropping his contract, by all accounts, cost the team no more than a normal draft day trade down. And yet, here you are, legitimately upset about it. I don't get it.

Serious question, are you ok?

I had an abysmal abysmal day. Thank you for asking and noticing something is off. It really is just stress from working, other stuff that happened and overall burnout. It's nothing like BAD BAD if you know what I mean.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I had an abysmal abysmal day. Thank you for asking and noticing something is off. It really is just stress from working, other stuff that happened and overall burnout. It's nothing like BAD BAD if you know what I mean.

I hear that - hope it gets better the rest of the week!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad