Zetterberg's career is over... So Sad

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Very sad, was hoping to watch him hit 1000. Can't believe it, thought he had one more year in him.

Love you Z, thank you.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Terrible way to end an incredible career. Lucky to have had him for so long.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Major, Major Debate there... Going to be fascinating

Let me end the debate for you.

Active NHLers who are a lock for jersey retirement as Devils announce honor for Elias
Just ask GM Ken Holland. Speaking with THN’s Ken Campbell on Thursday, Holland made it clear he has no desire to move Zetterberg and chances are he remains a Red Wing until he decides he’s done with the game. If that’s not enough, Holland said, “Zetterberg’s jersey is going in the rafters.” Enough said.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really was hoping he would be able to play in some capacity.

So sad that this is the end of an era. Really going to miss the magic that was #13 and #40. Thanks for everything, love you Z.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Sad he's gone, but I'm sort of glad, given his health issues, that he's hanging them up instead of ruining himself to play essentially meaningless games.

I'm not sure if this is tougher than seeing the Yzerman era end, but it's not really easier. Here's hoping I feel the same way about Larkin in 10-15 years.

Reactions: RedMenace

ChelisChiliBar

Feb 26, 2018
He was a great captain and a warrior for us. He'll truly be missed, and I'm thankful for all of the memories of watching him play. Thanks Z

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Great career for a 7th round pick who was pretty much a complete unknown when drafted. Still remember the year before he went to the NHL, when he scored 4 goals against Finland and I knew the Wings had drafted a star player.

Wished badly that he would play another year and get 1,000 points. Sad day for Wings.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Sad to hear. Z gave everything he could do this organization. A true hockey warrior. One of the finest 2-way players to ever play the game. A Hall of Fame player and captain. Love Z. Put the jersey up in the rafters with Datysuk and Fedorov ASAP. Sad I didn't watch much last season. Thanks Holland. Hopefully Larkin is made C and Holland is out the door next year. Yzerman comes in and lands Karlsson. Then we'll have a great stew going. Be able to truly contend in 2-3 years hopefully.

It was a pleasure to watch him play and he had so much heart and soul. Thank you Z. You beastly bearded hockey legend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flowah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad