Value of: Zetterberg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No one would trade for that awful contract with his health issues/decline, so he has very little value if any.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No one would trade for that awful contract with his health issues/decline, so he has very little value if any.

Not only that but if we trade him aren't we still on the hook for cap recapture if he retires?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Is he available and what is his price tag?

He'll never be traded. June 30th was the 15th anniversary of the last time Ken Holland traded a core player, and that was only Kozlov.

And I'm not sure why anyone would want him. He'll be LITRetired before his deal expires, he still costs $6M a season, and unless Blashill wakes up and stops playing the graybeard 20 minutes a night, he'll be a 40 point center in short order.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
He'll never be traded. June 30th was the 15th anniversary of the last time Ken Holland traded a core player, and that was only Kozlov..

Oh, I've thought that Datsyuk was a part of the core. My mistake then.

:sarcasm:

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Ken Holland would never ever trade Z but even if he was willing to, who would want him? I still think he is a decent 2C but no team wants him at a 6 million Cap hit for next 4-5 yrs. At this point despite him still being a decent/good player, he has little to no value as his contract makes him unmovable.

If Detroit did trade him we would have to give up assets to move him (Which once again Holland wont do) and still we would be hit by Cap recapture so making it useless to trade him

To sum it up he is not being traded lol.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Is he available and what is his price tag?

Yeah weren't trading our Captain Zeke Zetterberg he's got 5 years left on his deal. He most likely plays 3 more years as his last 2 years he's only making $1 million per he will probably be LTIR those last 2 years and with his health issues that shouldn't be a concerned but with the cap recapture possibility he's not being moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad