Zetterberg vs Datsyuk?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Datsyuk is my favorite player. Period. He's worth watching every game and even when they're having a bad game, he'll try something every shift (yeah, he has his bad games too, but you could count those on one hand). At the very least he'll be responsible defensively.

I voted Zetterberg in this poll, because he's now the team's captain, led by example and was the best forward in the playoffs. You build your team around a player like him. Has the same ability in terms of offensive and defensive play.

Damn you for making me do this! :D

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Pavel is an amazing and unique player. But when it comes to actually "delivering," unfortunately that there is little doubt that Z is above him. Not to mention that Pavel flat out sucked in the last round of these playoffs (other than that wrister). In fact, he had more bad playoffs than good ones. So...

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Since 2008, Hank has had better playoff performances, while Datsyuk has outscored him in the regular season on the whole.

However, in 2011, Datsyuk had 15 points to Hank's 8; that was the season where Hank's giveaway late in the game cost us the comeback against the Sharks.

we like our team*

Since 2008, Hank has had better playoff performances, while Datsyuk has outscored him in the regular season on the whole.

However, in 2011, Datsyuk had 15 points to Hank's 8; that was the season where Hank's giveaway late in the game cost us the comeback against the Sharks.

i think datsyuk was better in 2011 but z was injured and played fewer games

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

8 points in 7 games on a hurt knee. Zetterberg rounding into somewhat better form is what allowed the team to even get into a game 7 for that giveaway.

So Datsyuk had one more point in that series and was a worse +/- than a guy playing on a hurt mcl with a bulky knee brace. Hardly the decisive advantage most try to make out of the difference in that year.

Datsyuk absolutely owned the Coyotes and abysmal Keith Yandle. Going for 6 points in four games and a +6

Was great against the Sharks to the tune of 9 points and a +4
Actually so was Z who had 8 points and was a +6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad