Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hmm, somehow I got us exactly under the cap, if:

A) Larkin will get 6.0M extension.
B) Franzen goes "last day of training camp"-LTIR
C) Zetterberg retires, and we'll get a 4.3M recapture penalty for 3 years.
D) replace him with a player having 925k caphit (Pope, Zadina etc.)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hmm, somehow I got us exactly under the cap, if:

A) Larkin will get 6.0M extension.
B) Franzen goes "last day of training camp"-LTIR
C) Zetterberg retires, and we'll get a 4.3M recapture penalty for 3 years.
D) replace him with a player having 925k caphit (Pope, Zadina etc.)

We won't and shouldn't be hit with any recapture! If Hossa can have an allergy, Zetterberg can pick whatever body part he wants, to say that is why he can't play anymore! Although, his back is almost 100% not great, and totally reasonable as a reason for him not to play.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Recapture or not, that doesn't bother me at all. It's a very good "weight" to have in tanking process.

You insert cheap kids in and when their ELCs will end (after 3 years), also the cap room is unlocked for more expensive extensions.

I see only positives in the case.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Recapture or not, that doesn't bother me at all. It's a very good "weight" to have in tanking process.

You insert cheap kids in and when their ELCs will end (after 3 years), also the cap room is unlocked for more expensive extensions.

Also forces Kenny not to sign people for more than they are worth for 3 years.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
In an interview with HSJ, Blash said that Z didn’t practice at all the second half of the season.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I told my FFB commissioner today that we need to set our draft order.

I mean, how else am I supposed to do mock drafts until my eyes fall out, become convinced I can assemble the greatest team in history...and then finish 8th in the league?

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I told my FFB commissioner today that we need to set our draft order.

I mean, how else am I supposed to do mock drafts until my eyes fall out, become convinced I can assemble the greatest team in history...and then finish 8th in the league?

Just draft as many Lions as you can. That's how I fantasy football!

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005

Henkka I agree with most of your posts but not this one.

You’re promoting wasting 4.3 (just using the number listed above) of cap space for 3 years to purposely tie Holland’s hands.

If the right UFA (top pairing D) becomes available over the next 3 years we need the ability to pounce on it. A 1D that we can sign for 7 years and be a part of our new core. You don’t purposely handcuff yourself for no gain.

If that UFA never comes along you have 4.3 to sign 1 year contracts to flip at deadlines.

Weakening your available resources only makes sense in the “Holland suuuucks” campaign.

Can you imagine not having the space to sign a Karlsson or Trouba because “Holland sucks”?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I have a question guy's can Z go on LTIR as well as Mule? I don't really want to see the guy hurt him self worse back problems are no joke and he has a long life to live still.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sure both can, But it's for only 10% over the cap, So we'd get full on Mule and probably $4 million of Z's $6.083 mil off on LTIR.

10% rule is for summer cap.

When season will start, you can get full relief of both, if you have the right caphits to fill the relief space. But we don't kind of need that. Replacement player for Z would be a lot cheaper than his caphit in any case.

I think this Larkin contract signing delay could have something to do with this numbers game and uncertain Z situation.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
We need enough cap space to retain 50% of Nyquist's salary at the trade deadline and be able to bring up another player.

Reactions: jkutswings

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
10% rule is for summer cap.

When season will start, you can get full relief of both, if you have the right caphits to fill the relief space. But we don't kind of need that. Replacement player for Z would be a lot cheaper than his caphit in any case.

I think this Larkin contract signing delay could have something to do with this numbers game and uncertain Z situation.

I believe this to be true as well. If Z is back Larkin is getting a shorter term lower cap hit deal and if not he’s getting an 8 year deal and is the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad