Zetterberg and PASHA True Playoff Warriors

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
After staying up and running tired at work, I cannot stress how much Zetterberg stepped it up in the series. Pasha played great, but Zetterberg's play has inspired this team by example. He truely looked ELITE again. Our last gift to the West could be knocking out CHI and SJ the biggest rival's to us in recent years. I know the Clearly forum was made in sarcasm or atleast I hope, but we are truly lucky to see our captains lead this hungry team. Babcock looks like he is enjoying being the coach again, because he has been praising the rookie line and looks energetic in interviews. On a side note, does Budreau remind anyone off Slimer from ghostbusters?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Zetterberg and Datsyuk are unbelievable. They totally outclassed Getzlaf and Perry.

Detroit Sports*

Can someone fill me in why you guys call Datsyuk 'Pasha'?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It is his nickname from when he was a kid. Why people call Z" HANK".

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Even if Z didnt do anything in game 7, he should be praised for how players were ready as the series went on. Of course, his pure will and skill displayed during the game was inspirational too.

In my opinion, Zetterberg played like king Leonidas of Sparta. Beast on battlefield while leading the troop phenomenally well.

He also exudes this 'I won't be denied' attitude. I think this factor really separated Z from Getzlaf. Ducks kinda choked in last 10 minute or so I watched in game 7. They were making stretch passes and made too many dumb plays trying to gain the zone. That's NOT how to play in last seconds of playoff. Need to be even more composed and analyze what's given.

Of course, Pav is like a legendary swordmaster who is peerless on battlefield.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I love your Z comparison to Leonidas. This upcoming series is an excellent comparison off the 300 Spartans vs the Persian Empire ( Hawks). Maybe we can get some avatars!?
" We bow down to no man(THe hawks) " or " Come and take them" ( reference to the wings success vs the "record breaking" hawks) - Leonidas

Last edited:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Here is Z in Action :laugh:

I think I posted this prior to our Cup run in 2008.

Things have changed since then, the spartan troops he leads are quite inexperienced. Also the persian, this time around, brought their finest.

It might be a lost cause.. but we will die trying to the last man! :yo:

apre

Apr 13, 2013
It is his nickname from when he was a kid. Why people call Z" HANK".

Not quite; most Russian names have a diminutive version of them, that's used on either someone you are friends with, or for a child.

E.g. Alexander = Sasha
Alexei = Lesha
Pavel = Pasha
Vladimir = Vova

etc. etc. There's pretty much not a single name that doesn't have a form like that :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->