Waived: Zenon Konopka (Jan 3: Claimed by Buffalo)

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Best wishes to Zenon. Good guy, really enjoyed what he did here off the ice. Top class guy, it was just time to move on to someone younger and with more than faceoff ability.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Good luck to him. Except when he plays against the Wild of course.

Luckily for you, last night was our last meeting this season against Buffalo. The only way we'll see ZK again this year is if a miracle happens...

Buffalo and Minnesota in the Stanley Cup Final...

ku-medium.gif

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Zenon Konopka ‏@ZenonKonopka 1h

Things to do 1.get to Buff 2.get Hoppy a Sabres Jersey 3.beat the Devils 4.give Rob Ray a high five 5.eat chicken wings and pizza #Sabres

Good luck to ZK and Hoppy. Not the best to put on a Wild sweater, but seem like a class act person. As it seems most enforcers/agitators are off the ice.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Brodziak for the first few years. Not this year. That is it.

Not sure how GMs can't figure out the bottom 6 thing.

I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the Cooke signing. He's been a solid 3rd liner, IMO.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the Cooke signing. He's been a solid 3rd liner, IMO.

He hasn't been the goal scorer, we thought he would be. He's on pace for his worst year since his rookie season.

Point wise he's on pace but goal scoring? He's not even hitting double digits.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He hasn't been the goal scorer, we thought he would be. He's on pace for his worst year since his rookie season.

Point wise he's on pace but goal scoring? He's not even hitting double digits.

He's a 3rd liner!!! We shouldn't be counting on him to be a "goal scorer". 3rd liners chip in when they can, but it's more about being a tough checker and keep the other team's best line from scoring, which he is doing quite well.

Goal scoring aside, I like what he adds to this team that doesn't always show up in the stat sheet.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
He's a 3rd liner!!! We shouldn't be counting on him to be a "goal scorer". 3rd liners chip in when they can, but it's more about being a tough checker and keep the other team's best line from scoring, which he is doing quite well.

Goal scoring aside, I like what he adds to this team that doesn't always show up in the stat sheet.

This.

Cooke's offensive flurry in the first few games surprised a lot of people and I'm not sure the majority of people were under the impression that Cooke was being brought in for his offense. Pens fans heralded him as one of the best 3rd liners in the league and any offense is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

That isn't the only reason why we brought him in. He was also to contribute offneisvely aka score goals since our third line was a black hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->