Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Part II - Oops, I Got Sidetracked Again.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Bought my daughter a switch last year for her birthday and we've been playing all the Mario stuff together. This game has always been lurking in the back of my mind as something I really wanted to check out, but feared I would get too consumed by it. I finally pulled the trigger on it and man this game is too good. I've been a good boy for a long while now with not getting occupied too much in a game ( not since COD Ghosts), but man this game... It's funny playing with my daughter too because she catches so much stuff lying around when I'm just trying to run to the next objective.

For those of you that bought the Amiibo cards, what's a good place to buy them these days?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i am playing this for the 5th time. and i am STILL discovering new things. this game. man.
yet i still have yet to get ONE twilight bow. at all.

rigged.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've defeated all the Divine Beasts, but still sitting at around 70ish shrines so I'm still hesitant to go the Castle. Probably going to take some time to grind to upgrade my gear.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I’ve done all 120 shrines and have one more divine beast before I can tackle the castle. I kinda took a break once I did all the shrines, that alone made me feel complete. This is one of my favorite games of all time in terms of fun factor

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've defeated all the Divine Beasts, but still sitting at around 70ish shrines so I'm still hesitant to go the Castle. Probably going to take some time to grind to upgrade my gear.

The castle isn't very difficult and you can bypass a whole lot of it with one of the powers you get from one of the Champion.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well, after 23ish years of gaming I’m about to jump into my first Zelda game in Breath of the Wild. (My gf just bought a switch).

I’ve been an avid RPG fan since I was a child, so I’m looking forward to getting around to trying a Zelda game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I ended up exploring a good chunk of the castle because I wanted that stupid cookbook

The final fight is pretty underwhelming tho

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm trying to beat Thunderblight Ganon right now.

I can get by the first and second phase pretty easily. I have no idea what to do when he keeps going crazy and throwing thunder at me. It's almost impossible to dodge, destroys me and makes me drop my weapon right away.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm trying to beat Thunderblight Ganon right now.

I can get by the first and second phase pretty easily. I have no idea what to do when he keeps going crazy and throwing thunder at me. It's almost impossible to dodge, destroys me and makes me drop my weapon right away.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Yeah I remember that Ganon really pissing me off. Is that phase the one where he drops those rocks and then zaps lightning from above? If so you can use magnesis on them and lift them up close to him so he'll zap himself. Also might want to stock up on some of the electricity resistant food.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah I remember that Ganon really pissing me off. Is that phase the one where he drops those rocks and then zaps lightning from above? If so you can use magnesis on them and lift them up close to him so he'll zap himself. Also might want to stock up on some of the electricity resistant food.

Yeah, he’s the guy. But I can get by that part easy enough

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
But that is the final part: he drops these giant rods that get struck by lightning, you have to magnesis them up next to him as he flies around.

That’s the middle part for me. Once I do that, he stops dropping the rods and starts doing some quick insane attack that electrocutes you

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That’s the middle part for me. Once I do that, he stops dropping the rods and starts doing some quick insane attack that electrocutes you

Right he starts teleporting and shooting guardian laser beams. Well his shield can be broken if you hit it a bunch of times and that will stun him allowing you to get in some hits. You can also perfect dodge his teleport attack, it is easier to do than it looks. Finally you can reflect the guardian laser back at him; find a guardian and practice reflecting their lasers with your shield, there is a tell right before the energy converges (it also makes a distinct sound) indicating when to do the shield parry/deflect.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I live out of a hotel for work during the week and finally took my WiiU to the hotel. I guess I'll be playing lots of Zelda again. Not like I ever finished the mainline story, though.

I did complete the labyrinths yesterday. Not sure what I'll do today. Maybe hit up Death Mountain.

Reactions: CPTN71

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Just started up again, totally forgot I got the download content so been doing the ex champion missions. Was so damn rusty at the controls lol
But goddamn how much fun it is to still play.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just restarted this game for the fun of it. The feeling of awe when you first look out over Hyrule was still there this second time. Also the exploration still feels amazing!

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
just restarted playing after having not played for 2 years

made a fresh save

its almost better now because i have a better idea of whats going on. especially in terms of items/cooking/weps, etc

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Im on the fence of doing a fresh start. I want to for the joy of the game but it's always hard letting go of a save file

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad