Zegras vs Glass

Who will be better long term ?

• Total voters

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My two favorite prospects from my two favorite teams.

I think they'll both be great players but I gotta say Zegras. They're both thin playmakers with incredibly high hockey IQ and near elite passing talent. But Zegras plays at a higher pace and unless Glass ends up with players suited for his playstyle, I expect Zegras to have the better offensive output. I fully expect Glass to be the better defensive player though. In his rookie season so far, kind of out of necessity, he's been playing solid defense for a guy his size and he's got room to grow that aspect of his game. I just wish he'd put on more muscle and be more assertive through traffic on the rush.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My two favorite prospects from my two favorite teams.

I think they'll both be great players but I gotta say Zegras. They're both thin playmakers with incredibly high hockey IQ and near elite passing talent. But Zegras plays at a higher pace and unless Glass ends up with players suited for his playstyle, I expect Zegras to have the better offensive output. I fully expect Glass to be the better defensive player though. In his rookie season so far, kind of out of necessity, he's been playing solid defense for a guy his size and he's got room to grow that aspect of his game. I just wish he'd put on more muscle and be more assertive through traffic on the rush.

He may skate better, but Zegras plays at one of the slowest paces you'll see of any good prospect.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He may skate better, but Zegras plays at one of the slowest paces you'll see of any good prospect.
That's more of an indictment of Glass. Glass is probably a better skater but it shows more in his attempts to skate back defensively. Glass isn't a counterattacking, threat on the rush kind of guy. He's a calculated and measured kind of offensive threat. Zegras is more likely to jump into the play and try passes from anywhere. For all the passing talent Glass has he'll wait for the best opportunity to make a perfect pass. And as much as that worked in juniors I do think he needs to be more assertive to get to the star level he has the potential for.

When I say higher pace I mean Zegras forces plays quicker and with less premeditation. Zegras is reactive and quick to make decisions. Glass is proactive and a lot more thoughtful in his decision making.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm kinda surprised the poll is as lopsided as it is. For me, it's extremely close and only the narrowest edge to Zegras. It's a really good poll though, as two pretty similar "playmaker" prospects from a similar draft range. I really like both of them, but there's an element to Zegras where he can just be the more dynamic presence when he's at the top of his game. Just that extra gear at the top end of things...but Glass is still the better two-way player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm kinda surprised the poll is as lopsided as it is. For me, it's extremely close and only the narrowest edge to Zegras. It's a really good poll though, as two pretty similar "playmaker" prospects from a similar draft range. I really like both of them, but there's an element to Zegras where he can just be the more dynamic presence when he's at the top of his game. Just that extra gear at the top end of things...but Glass is still the better two-way player.

It was made right after the World Juniors. What do you expect?

Reactions: Dmang714

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->