Prospect Info: Zegras or Krebs

Trevor Zegras or Peyton Krebs

• Total voters

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Kind of sounds like Draisaitl in his draft year. Played on a poor team so Oiler fans weren't as fond of him
With that being said, here are some stats.

Draisaitl Draft Year: 64 GP 38/67/105 +7 1.64 PPG

Krebs Draft Year: 64 GP 19/49/68 -50 1.06 PPG

Reactions: Aerrol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Krebs is the type of player who will play better in a higher league IMO. He just knows where to go on the ice. I think Krebs floor is a solid two way 40 point winger. He won’t slide because of the certainty that he’ll play in the league.

Reactions: B33K33PING

North

Jun 25, 2009
I wouldn't be unhappy with either but I'm leaning towards Zegras if the choice is between the two.

I really like the idea of Newhook too.

I still feel like as long as we don't go off the board we'll be fine with whomever we pick there.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
With that being said, here are some stats.

Draisaitl Draft Year: 64 GP 38/67/105 +7 1.64 PPG

Krebs Draft Year: 64 GP 19/49/68 -50 1.06 PPG

Drai was a late birthday aka a year older. You can never compare guys draft seasons who aren't the same age.

He also had Josh Morrissey on his team who was far better than anyone Krebs played with this year.

Reactions: Numz

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Also I think it's interesting that Krebs finished the U18's as the leading goalscorer for Team Canada, with two more goals than Cozens who is seen as a shooter/goalscorer. The guy can score goals, he just didn't have any help at all in Kootenay this season.

Reactions: Dr Awesome
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
No idea how Zegras is winning this. Krebs will translate much better to the NHL level and will be a better all-around player.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I prefer Zegras, but its by a hair. My list for forwards is something like this:

Hughes
Kakko
Dach
Turcotte
Zegras
Krebs
Newhook
Cozens

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah. I think I'd take Zegras and Newhook over Krebs.

This is probably a question for the overall draft thread, but Newhook is one of the few in our range I'm still almost totally unaware of. Can you (or @Zaddy or someone else) please give me a brief scouting report/point me in the right direction?

On the poll, I voted Zegras as well. Also think maybe riskier, but higher ceiling.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
This is probably a question for the overall draft thread, but Newhook is one of the few in our range I'm still almost totally unaware of. Can you (or @Zaddy or someone else) please give me a brief scouting report/point me in the right direction?

On the poll, I voted Zegras as well. Also think maybe riskier, but higher ceiling.
He's one of the best skaters in the draft, period. His edges aren't quite as good as Hughes (still great though), his top-end speed might be better. Great hands and playmaking ability, and has a deceptive wrist shot. I think he's a better goal-scorer than Zegras, but not as good a passer.

The only knock on him is the league he plays in, although many of the doubts should have been erased at the U18s.

I would strongly consider him at 8. I think Barzal is a good comparison for him if he reaches his ceiling.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Before the U18s, I felt that there was a drop off after #7, but with Newhook and Caufield now being contenders for #8, there are a ton of possibilities. Now I know we'll get a really good player at 8. I am really curious about Newhook. I'll have to look at the U18 again. I didn't think his speed was that elite, but I hope our scouts have been watching.

It'll be an interesting draft after #2. Who knows who will fall to us? I assume our scouts will do their due diligence.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad