Zednik question

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I had a quick and somewhat silly question about Richard Zednik during his first Capitals stint. My question is, in what season did he dye his hair blonde? I want to say it was prior to the 2000-01 season since I believe during 1999-00 he still had his dark hair and then he went back to his natural hair color with Montreal so he only had the blonde hairdo for one season but I'm not sure. Any help would be welcome. Silly question I know but it's been bugging me.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I had a quick and somewhat silly question about Richard Zednik during his first Capitals stint. My question is, in what season did he dye his hair blonde? I want to say it was prior to the 2000-01 season since I believe during 1999-00 he still had his dark hair and then he went back to his natural hair color with Montreal so he only had the blonde hairdo for one season but I'm not sure. Any help would be welcome. Silly question I know but it's been bugging me.

Google "zedheads". Should be in top 5. There were a bunch of "zedheads" who dyed their hair.

HockeyEh

Jul 7, 2005
From Wikipedia:

On October 31, 2000, a local Washington, D.C. radio station, DC101, had a promotion in which they offered fans a free ticket and Zedník jersey if they dyed their hair blond as Zedník had in the off-season. It was Zedník's first game off of a suspension. Two-hundred "Zed Heads" attended the game at which Zedník scored his first career hat trick against the Detroit Red Wings, who had not lost in Washington in ten years.[2]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->