Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Just so I have a clear picture here.

After trading away the #2 guy from last season, our 37 year old captain and #1 defenseman is out 4-6 weeks and could still need surgery after that.

And the next best guy is 33 and recovering from his own knee surgery where he missed most of the last season.

And the next best guy after him is 21.

And the #6 is out for likely a big chunk of time with his shoulder.

Leaving Krug, McQuaid, Bart and somebody from Providence to lead this team to glory.

And we're having trouble scoring.

We just got Chia'd.

That damn beard he has cursed us.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Joe McDonald confirmed it as well.
I'll wait til the Bruins say something. Just because McDonald said confirmed for all we know he has the same sources as Mr. Slainte himself.

The chicken little stuff is amusing and infuriating. To say the season is over after 8 games is ridiculous.

So much for having a smidge of faith in this team.

member 96824

confirmed (quote from team Doctors) or repeated (take Wards words <--- say that out lout three times fast, Wards words. Wards words. Word Wards)?

I usually take a "CONFIRMED: yada yada yada" as confirmed with a team source...not a re hash.

But maybe?

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
There are just too many holes to fill right now to expect this team to compete for the ultimate goal. I expect Chiarelli will step back for 3-4 weeks evaluate how the team performs and then make some bold decisions as to the direction..

#EichelStaysHome

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Just so I have a clear picture here.

After trading away the #2 guy from last season, our 37 year old captain and #1 defenseman is out 4-6 weeks and could still need surgery after that.

And the next best guy is 33 and recovering from his own knee surgery where he missed most of the last season.

And the next best guy after him is 21.

And the #6 is out for likely a big chunk of time with his shoulder.

Leaving Krug, McQuaid, Bart and somebody from Providence to lead this team to glory.

And we're having trouble scoring.

yah, but other than that, we're good. :cry:

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
These "going for McDavid" or "going for Eichel" jokes do get old after awhile, just saying...

Either way, this is obviously bad news. As much as people like to bash Chara for being older and slower in recent years, he is still paramount to our defense. We'll see how things go with Big Z sidelined for a few weeks. Hey, at least it happened now and not in March.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Trade for Gormley, he's ready for the big time and a long term solution. You're not replacing Chara but you got to hold the fort until he comes back.

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
Terrible news about Chara. B's for the most part have been lucky(aside from Seids) on the back end for the last couple of years.

The negativity and hyperbole on this board since the Boychuk trade has become unbearable. Last time I checked, there were two sides to a story regarding the Boychuk situation.
I am thankful as a long time Bruins fan for what Chia and company did for this organization leading up to 2011.

Let's see what happens with this team by the American Thanksgiving to assess whether the Bruins are a playoff contender or a lottery team.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Probably not the time for "I told you so's" but those of us who have had the temerity to withstand the withering criticism for even whispering that it might be worthwhile to trade Chara have noticed the guy's steady deterioration.

Let's face it, he was totally gassed to the point of ineffectiveness during the playoffs during the past two years and he was totally off so far this season. He's just wearing down and this incident is now more proof of that.

Very big contract; very long contract. Anyone really think he's got another 5 good seasons in him to make it to the end of his contract?

This injury could be catastrophic to the team in many more ways than one.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'll wait til the Bruins say something. Just because McDonald said confirmed for all we know he has the same sources as Mr. Slainte himself.

The chicken little stuff is amusing and infuriating. To say the season is over after 8 games is ridiculous.

So much for having a smidge of faith in this team.

I think your faith should be shaken when the captain and defensive leader goes down for an extended period. if they can't get it together for the 4-6 weeks (minimum) that he's gone, they could play themselves out of the playoff picture. Its not like the bruins are the patriots and play in a bad division. the lightning, habs, and red wings could all easily gain big insurmountable leads in 4-6 weeks (minimum) if the b's hit a low. then you're looking like a 8-10 seed fighting for your life in february. The future is an uphill battle, and fans should be nervous about it. If they can climb up it will be a great victory, but it shouldn't be an assumed one.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm all for this deal now.

and who do the coyotes get in return might I ask for their former first round pick? would you be all for it if they asked for pastrnak? Or this years first round pick plus spooner? The team doesn't want to give what other teams want and they have what other teams don't want. they have no legs to stand on.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I think your faith should be shaken when the captain and defensive leader goes down for an extended period. if they can't get it together for the 4-6 weeks (minimum) that he's gone, they could play themselves out of the playoff picture. Its not like the bruins are the patriots and play in a bad division. the lightning, habs, and red wings could all easily gain big insurmountable leads in 4-6 weeks (minimum) if the b's hit a low. then you're looking like a 8-10 seed fighting for your life in february. The future is an uphill battle, and fans should be nervous about it. If they can climb up it will be a great victory, but it shouldn't be an assumed one.

Agree with this.

It's hard to be optimistic when the team isn't playing very well in the first place, and then your captain goes down...we'll see how the team responds, but I don't think it's going to be a fun few weeks.

member 96824

A 4-5 hockey club loses IMO their most important player/captain.

Hold me Clode

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
These "going for McDavid" or "going for Eichel" jokes do get old after awhile, just saying...

Either way, this is obviously bad news. As much as people like to bash Chara for being older and slower in recent years, he is still paramount to our defense. We'll see how things go with Big Z sidelined for a few weeks. Hey, at least it happened now and not in March.

This team was a 5 seed before the injury. It's only going to get worse.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
This is very serious.....

No matter how fit he is, a man Chara's age being out that long, maybe having surgery is a big problem. It's not just about the time he misses. It's how long it takes for him to get back to his highest level..... if he ever gets back to that.....

I wouldn't touch those Boychuk picks yet. I think Chiarelli has a hard decision to make about this team's realistic chances come Thanksgiving......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad