Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Lost Horizons, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gillesgilbert

gillesgilbert Registered User

If the playoffs were about to start in a week,I would be ready to jump off a bridge but not in October.:naughty::naughty:

2. LSCII

LSCII Dark Cloud

sales
    Home Page:
    Exactly. It could go off the rails, or guys could step up and surprise us all. Time will tell. Obviously, I'm rooting for the second option...

3. RedeyeRocketeer

RedeyeRocketeer Registered User

Just saw the prognosis, sounds like we dodged the worst.

4. Ratty

Ratty Registered User

Surfing
    Home Page:
    My first thought when I heard about Chara's injury:

Oh no, there goes the President's Cup!!

5. :naughty::D

i think they will be fine, and i actually think there is no possible better way for this team to be forced to start moving ahead to the post-Chara years.

this way they get to do it in the regular season, evaluate, make some changes, give guys experience, and then get Chara back with enough time to get back up to speed for the playoffs AND be better rested.

fact is, this is a good thing... unless they somehow fall out of playoff contention but i hereby declare i do not think that will happen! and while i think bartkowski will singlehandedly lose as many as 5 games this year, he will also win a few with his speed, so that's a net loss of like 2 games for him directly. for the first two weeks or so the coaches should take the reins off the offensive defensemen and NOT try to force-feed them more of a purely defensive mindset. having too much to think about is the more dangerous option here. let them play. let them do what they feel comfortable doing, and then start working on shoring up deficiencies. of course i expect them to do the exact opposite (ie. they will try to make them all like Z for a while) and it will be ugggggggly. they like to do the wrong thing in situations like this for whatever reason.

6. Hali33

Hali33 Registered User

I do think that a good thing that could come from a situation like this is that it gives you an opportunity to evaluate your players in a different light.

When things get really tough, who steps up their game and who doesn't. When you're thinking about who stays on this team in the future I think it's an important part of it.

7. Jean_Jacket41

Jean_Jacket41 Neely = HOF

Clode > HF hysteria

"There's no discouragement in that room," Julien said. "There's no issues there at all to be honest with you. It's more about, 'Hey, it's opportunities for players.' And if we become that bad of a team because of one player, it's not a real good sign for our hockey club. So this is part of sports. It's part of hockey. … You have those things happen. And you know you've got to hope that your team is strong enough as a whole to overcome these things. Did we lose a good player? We did. Is he a big part of our team? Yes he is. But … I'd like to think we're better than that, than feel sorry for ourselves or be discouraged. That's not the case in our dressing room right now."

8. Ladyfan

Ladyfan Miss Savvy , Looch and Quaider Sponsor

Thanks for posting this :)

The team is more than one player. It will be interesting to see who steps it up...every player needs to.

9. Bsmart

Bsmart Registered User

Chara is aweful... after the adjustment period which lasted ONE period, the Bruins totally and completely DOMINATED the Islanders. Truth be told, Chara and Rask Killed us against Chicago and Montreal and Boychuk gets the boot?

Rask should have been traded after Chicago and we could have gotten ALOT. Chara should be moved up to forward where he would be a beast because he is TOO SLOW on the back end and is actually holding back team speed 1/3 of every game. Every rush that guy makes results in a scoring opportunity..

Johnson should have never been allowed to leave--just like Kuhdobin at that time. Johnson/Svedberg would be a stellar tandem for the money.

Watch this team play the next six weeks without Chara and then you will be asking yourself... what the heck do we need him for?

10. BrainOfJ

BrainOfJ GM of the Year

Johnson/Svedberg.

That is nightmare fuel. Both are respectable back ups but man thats not an 82 I want to see.

Johnson/Svedberg with no Chara? McDavid lock.

11. Lobster57

Lobster57 Registered User

you should try and Bsmart-er.

shouldn't be too hard, you've set the bar low

12. Bsmart

Bsmart Registered User

Svedberg will be our starter by Christmas... Rask is terrible. Choke on home ice in a game six cup, and a game seven montreal... thats a ticket out in my book.

Svedbergs numbers albiet just 4 and 6 games in are starkley different.

# Goalie Sv%
    40 Tuukka Rask .880
    72 Niklas Svedberg .951

13. PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

At least the coach is saying the right things. I'm sure he is a little worried on the inside but one of his jobs along with winning is developing younger guys for the long term and I think he realized that this is going to be that kind of season anyways after the Boychuk trade.

He probably doesn't have much pressure either right now so maybe we'll see him experiment a little and try something out... like having the Bruins play offense as in the 3rd period vs NYI!

Oh God. Use the eye test and not just the on paper stats too! Svedberg is scary like Johnson was early last year, we'll see if he settles down.

Rask >> Khudobin >> Johnson >> Svedberg

If any of those guys other than Rask is your starter, good luck. If any of those guys not named Rask or Khudobin are your starter, you're not making the playoffs.

14. Bsmart

Bsmart Registered User

Watch and Learn Lobster... was also ridiculed for even daring to think TT could win us a cup. Or for thinking JT needed to go, he still ain't even got s sniff of the cup.

All I know is so far this season, when TuuKKa is in net, the B's suucKK. Proofs in the play and truth is my friend, I set the bar higher then anyone. I can't figure out how people still love tuukka after game six of the cup and game seven against the scabs last year. NUTS.

Lets just see how they play in this stretch without gumby. Chara goin down just might save rasks job.

15. LSCII

LSCII Dark Cloud

sales
    Home Page:
    I think I may have bumped into you at the President's Cup Parade last year...:naughty:

16. qc

qc Registered User

Something tells me that Rask's job is secure.

17. Danton Heineken

Danton Heineken Howard Potts

At least for the next two seasons. Cap will probably help Malcolm Subban get into the lineup.

18. Hali33

Hali33 Registered User

Hahaha Johnson/Svedberg tandem, **** me.

19. jgatie

jgatie Registered User Sponsor

Wow, the crazies are out today!

20. Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit Registered User

:amazed:

I don't even know what to say

21. don

don Registered User

Retired
    Things being as they are I would concentrate on fixing the "supposed" RW problem. Losing Chara this early won't help him in the playoffs because he'll get used a lot in t later part of the season.

22. DaStinger

DaStinger Permanent Interim

:facepalm:

Tuukka has no worries of seeing any competition in regards to a "replacement" until M Subban is up to play in 2-3 seasons time.

23. Latrappe

Latrappe If Cam allow it

And you expect what, exactly? Clode going on the record and say:

" You know what? We're in deep doo doo because our depth is about the same as the one who failed against Montreal. Bartowski is a turnover machine and get push easily in front of our net. Big Seid is doing is best but, clearly, he need more time to be in synch. I think Pete should move quickly and grab that Myers guy who can help us right away "....

Fact is: They can't replace Chara and our defensive lapses will cost us a TON of games. This D-corps wasn't good enough with Chara and they certainly not better without him...

24. HumBucker

HumBucker Registered User

I think someone's torn the tendon in their medulla oblongata. :shakehead

25. jgatie

jgatie Registered User Sponsor

Holy schnikies! I thought the move Bergeron to wing idea was loony toons, now someone wants Chara as a forward!!?? Someone must have left the door open at Bridgewater State.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.