Injury Report: Zdeno Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I was thinking the same thing about him getting some rest. The other thing that we tend to forget/overlook is that the vast majority of the time the best team in October looks much different in June. This isn't the final version of the 2014-15 Bruins and there is enough talent right now to be competitive.

Getting above the point of being competitive is the tricky part, which hopefully Chia/Cam and company can succeed with.

Absolutely. Maybe a blessing in disguise. Will be interesting to see the kids do work. Need our pillars to step up big time now. Rask, Bergeron, Marchand, Lucic, Seidenberg and Krejci.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
If Chia is saying 4-6 weeks it has to be a "partial tear"...in which case we are looking at more like 8 weeks and then a slow work back into the lineup (like playing power play, etc...) for a few weeks.

If it is a full tear and they are avoiding surgery, expect 10-12 weeks min...more like 14 weeks before we see Z on the ice again for a game.

Dates to remember....

December 5th - 6 weeks

December 19th - 8 weeks

January 2nd - 10 weeks

January 16th - 12 weeks

January 30th - 14 weeks

My prediction - seeing as the Bruins have a FULL WEEK OFF at the end of January...we are looking at a January 29th return against the ISLANDERS in NY.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
We'll be seeing a different team tomorrow.

Seidenberg still needs time to get close to what he was before the injury. Hamilton, to my surprise, has started real slow this year. Hopefully, he will go into another gear forward. Krug should not be playing 20-25 minutes per game, but neither should McQuaid. I gave Bartkowski a chance last season - he started off somewhat OK - but there hasn't been a moment where he has looked alright.

I can see (eventually, after 2-3 games):

Seidenberg-Hamilton
McQuaid-Krug
Morrow-Trotman
Bartkowski

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Kessel prolly has a full three incher right now..

phil-kessel-all-star-001.png

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
We'll be seeing a different team tomorrow.

Seidenberg still needs time to get close to what he was before the injury. Hamilton, to my surprise, has started real slow this year. Hopefully, he will go into another gear forward. Krug should not be playing 20-25 minutes per game, but neither should McQuaid. I gave Bartkowski a chance last season - he started off somewhat OK - but there hasn't been a moment where he has looked alright.

I can see (eventually, after 2-3 games):

Seidenberg-Hamilton
McQuaid-Krug
Morrow-Trotman
Bartkowski

I think they're going to try to split up the young guys, I don't think they'd play Morrow and Trotman as a pair.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
If Chia is saying 4-6 weeks it has to be a "partial tear"...in which case we are looking at more like 8 weeks and then a slow work back into the lineup (like playing power play, etc...) for a few weeks.

If it is a full tear and they are avoiding surgery, expect 10-12 weeks min...more like 14 weeks before we see Z on the ice again for a game.

Dates to remember....

December 5th - 6 weeks

December 19th - 8 weeks

January 2nd - 10 weeks

January 16th - 12 weeks

January 30th - 14 weeks

My prediction - seeing as the Bruins have a FULL WEEK OFF at the end of January...we are looking at a January 29th return against the ISLANDERS in NY.

If your theory is true and nothing is done to fill the gap. The Bruins might not be in a playoffs position...

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If nothing else it's an opportunity to see who steps up their game when things are desperate. And who really steps in to provide leadership during a big loss for the team.

Our defense is what it is right now. There's some forwards who've been playing a sloppy defensive game and not producing. Let's see if this jolts some of them into elevating their game or if we get more of the same.

It's a good test that will come out of a very bad situation.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Tuukkas assesment was pretty honest, and he's right; we are going to have to be able to play without Chara eventually.
But it doesn't help when he can't play at a time when we are struggling.

gravybutt

May 16, 2014
I wonder if this has anything to do with the san jose game where he was skating around like he was hammered and couldnt hold a puck, or am I thinking of the game before? Either way, I wonder if its something thats been nagging, and finally imploded upon itself.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm just praying that we don't see Chia sitting at the press table in 4 weeks, only to say "there's been a setback."

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If they play 60 minutes the same way they played the 3rd period against New York, i won't be worried. Thing is... this team RARELY ever plays a full 60. They usually wait until they're down a goal or two, then start giving a ****.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
A little adversity never hurt anybody, let's see who steps up and see how the team responds.

Yup. Gotta look at it this way. I'm sure the players are. In a perverse way, it might be what this team needed. If some players needed to be shaken out of their complacency, or if the team plays better as underdogs, well... here ya go!

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Instead of "weeks" let's talk about "games". How many games will he be out is the important thing. That will determine the number of games the player brought up will play. That will reduce the number of games that player has "waiver wire" wise to be set back down when Chara return. That will affect our depth more.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I actually think as long as Chara comes back without needing surgery, even if it's two months, they'll be ok. Just flirt with .500 and turn it up in January to push into a top 8 spot. Screw winning the division, just get your ass to the dance and see what happens.

Here's a more radical strategy: just try to win each game. Then, if you make it into the playoffs, try to win each of those games too.

It's just crazy enough that it might work!

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
News Flash: Even though Chara was relatively ineffectual during his first few games this season, without him, this team's still going down in flames. It'll just be hastened.

There were way too many holes in this team even before this.

Funny to me that people delude themselves into thinking otherwise.

Starry-eyed optimism.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
News Flash: Even though Chara was relatively ineffectual during his first few games this season, without him, this team's still going down in flames. It'll just be hastened.

There were way too many holes in this team even before this.

Funny to me that people delude themselves into thinking otherwise.

Starry-eyed optimism.

Have to agree with this. This team was lacking before Chara went down. Now they have his hole to fill on top of the others that were already obvious. This could get ugly real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->