Classic with Video Zdeno Chara vs Scott Parker Dec 3, 2001

Jul 12, 2007
Chara on the Sens was lost in a fight. He got better on the Isles, then got a lot better at using his size on the Bruins. I don’t think Parker does this well against a BOS Chara.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Scott Parker is one of the more under appreciated enforcers. Some people like to mention that he was tagged by an older Probert (which is nothing to be ashamed of at all), but seldom have I seen him lose fights convincingly.

Just a gigantic man that was extremely intimidating with his beard and unhinged behaviour. He brought a reputation of instilling fear into the opposition when he he came out Kelowna, and I do firmly believe that he lived up to the high expectations once he came into NHL as a young enforcer.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Chara was always a bad fighter. For his size. Never did anything but fall down whenever he faced a legit tough guy. Got beat up by Francis Lessard.

His move was to try and get one in early, then fall down quickly.

He only fared well against non-fighters who thought they can take him out of a game for a few shifts. And even then, it was only because of his reach. Anybody remotely his size handled him easily. Or anybody who could fight. And Chara was unwilling to mix it up against heavies anyway, rightfully so. Eric Lindros was very tough, but it would have been silly to fight enforcers. He sometimes did, and it was always a mistake.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Scott Parker is one of the more under appreciated enforcers. Some people like to mention that he was tagged by an older Probert (which is nothing to be ashamed of at all), but seldom have I seen him lose fights convincingly.

Just a gigantic man that was extremely intimidating with his beard and unhinged behaviour. He brought a reputation of instilling fear into the opposition when he he came out Kelowna, and I do firmly believe that he lived up to the high expectations once he came into NHL as a young enforcer.
Not underrated at all. He was top 5 in his prime. Top 10ish of his era, the noughties.

Reactions: Your Boy Troy

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Chara was always a bad fighter. For his size. Never did anything but fall down whenever he faced a legit tough guy. Got beat up by Francis Lessard.

His move was to try and get one in early, then fall down quickly.

He only fared well against non-fighters who thought they can take him out of a game for a few shifts. And even then, it was only because of his reach. Anybody remotely his size handled him easily. Or anybody who could fight. And Chara was unwilling to mix it up against heavies anyway, rightfully so. Eric Lindros was very tough, but it would have been silly to fight enforcers. He sometimes did, and it was always a mistake.
So Cairns, Simon, Koci, Ivanens, Rupp, Shelley, and Neil are non fighters. He fought a lot of enforcers and yeah he lost quite a few. He's not a great fighter but he's certainly nowhere near as bad as you let on. Don't let your hate for the guy cloud your judgement. Lessard didn't beat him up either. You might wanna watch that fight again.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

He was a great enforcer. Sharks brought him in after Jody Shelley attacked Brad Stuart the prior season and he fought him in each of their 4 matchups the next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->