Rumor: Zdeno Chara on the block, EDM mentioned as interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
I figured this deserved it's own thread. I really would love to see Edmonton bring this guy in as a shot in the arm and I don't figure the price would be through the roof. We need a veteran presence like this. Thoughts? Would you want Chara?

http://**************.ca/posts/5372776/nhl-trade-rumors--zdeno-chara-to-lak-van-edm-dal.html

Joe Haggerty recently said the Boston Bruins are shopping Zdeno Chara and Brad Marchand "quietly". The Bostin Bruins are off to a rough start and maybe Chara doesn't fit the B's plans in the future. I did a little bit of digging and found out from my own personal very trusted sources that this is indeed true and close than many people think. This trade could happen as early as next week. This also could be a plan to make some room for Dustin Byfuglien who has been rumored to be very close to traded to the Boston Bruins. For now I can confirm the Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, Dallas Stars, and 1 other team are all interested and have talked with the Boston Bruins on Zdeno Chara per my sources/reports.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Id be interested depending on who we have to give up. To be honest I have no idea how the Bruins would value Chara at this point.

Would they be asking for Nurse or Drai? I wouldnt do it if it meant giving up assets like that.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
isn't chara pretty washed up at this point? not sure why we would trade any of our future for an upgrade this year, since we're not gonna be winning anything this year anyhow

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
That source is on HF's blacklist.... it's not a reliable source. Proposals/speculation can go in the trade thread, but I'm shutting this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad