Podcast (Audio) Zdeno Chara on Spittin Chicklets

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
One of the best interviews Chicklets and Z have ever done.

He talks about how he came to learn so many languages, why he took classes at Harvard Extension School, how he got into hockey, what life is like now etc.

His sons have started hockey now, he doesn't drink much because of family history, he doesn't go to many games because he likes to get up at 4:30am to exercise and then git the kids ready for school. He also said his dad is Czech and his mom is Slovak. Lots of insight into what life was like growing up.

I could listen to Z talk all day. As a history geek I would love to talk to him about it all.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
One of the best interviews Chicklets and Z have ever done.

He talks about how he came to learn so many languages, why he took classes at Harvard Extension School, how he got into hockey, what life is like now etc.

His sons have started hockey now, he doesn't drink much because of family history, he doesn't go to many games because he likes to get up at 4:30am to exercise and then git the kids ready for school. He also said his dad is Czech and his mom is Slovak. Lots of insight into what life was like growing up.

I could listen to Z talk all day. As a history geek I would love to talk to him about it all.

Will ✔️

Z supplanted cam, and even gordie, as my all-time favorite player. For what he did on the ice, what he did off the ice, and what he continues to do. I sure hope he becomes general manager of the Boston Bruins at some point.

I've got to get a black market Chara Bruins t-shirt. There weren't any at the pro shop today. The one I have is about 15 years old. Any info appreciated,

✌️😎

Last edited:
Reactions: missingchicklet

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Loved the part where Chara talked about his first experience with the ice involved him falling and knocking out his front teeth. Fast forward and the guy is now an NHL Legend and future HOFer.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Love how he casually mentioned that in 19 he was also playing with a broken elbow and a torn groin 👀

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Anyone who ever questioned Z's leadership and captaincy should listen to this interview. Gives really good insight into the culture change with the Bs. Best piece I've ever seen illustrating how the Bs culture evolved over the past 15 or so years.

Z's work ethic and perspective on life are rock solid. Kudos to the Spittin Chiclets crew for conducting this amazing interview.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad