Zbynek Michalek Appreciation Thread

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
a58g1f.jpg

Tough video to watch :cry:

Thanks for always being a soldier Z. Godspeed!!

jfl24y.gif

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
First class guy and one of my favorite Coyotes of all time. I hope he finds a.job in the organization because he deserves it

cobra427

May 6, 2012
First class guy and one of my favorite Coyotes of all time. I hope he finds a.job in the organization because he deserves it

Agreed, first class, team guy, shot blocker, all the best to Z!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Pretty incredible that he has the most GP in franchise history (in Arizona) behind only Doan.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

agreed 100%

I don't know who it was that said it in the other thread, but i'm going to mirror their statement in saying that I believe he would make a fantastic defensive coach. Very sound, safe defenseman who seems articulate to the point of making a great teacher. I hope it would be something to consider.

Or maybe just enjoy retirement with your family. I mean if anybody deserves it, it's him. Although if he expresses interest in an admin role, I hope we'd entertain the idea.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Impossible to not like the guy and respect him for how hard he played and how much he laid on the line every night. Would love it if there was some role he could fill with the org going forward but where ever he lands all the best to him and his family.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can't believe I hated the trade to acquire him. Huge respect to this underrated player. Was a rock.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Z has been a warrior.

I remember 2008-09, when Michalek played all 82 games and led the NHL with 268 blocked shots. :yo:

Last edited:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My favorite player for awhile. 15 year old me was stoked when I got a Michalek signed puck. Still think I have that somewhere at my parents house.

Thank you, Z.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
One of my favorite players all-time with this team. I'd love to have him stick around with the franchise but I think he's going to go back home... but I loved having him around here. The very epitome of a workhorse and team player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad