Waived: Zbynek Michalek and Klas Dahlbeck (Update: Hurricanes claim Dahlbeck)

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Getting traded hopefully kicked DeAngelos ass into gear. He's prob never had a team say, "yeah, we don't want ya" hopefully it knocked some sense into him,
The trade obviously looks awful for them, but there is still a feeling out there that Tyler Seguin would never have become what he is if Boston didn't humble the **** out of him.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thanks. Updated the thread title.

Makes sense. Cheap D who can play bottom pairing minutes. Good luck to him in Raleigh.

Z goes unclaimed.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Domi and Duclair's success may have altered Tippett's and ownerships' view of the direction of the team. Two rookies being two of your top 3 or 4 could do that. I'm excited about the direction of the team for the first time in maybe....ever.

Talent has altered their views and while those players are obviously talented, if there was not more talent to follow things would remain mostly as they were.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Talent has altered their views and while those players are obviously talented, if there was not more talent to follow things would remain mostly as they were.

Correct. Last year when only Domi and Duclair (I thougth Strome was also)were ready for the NHL, all I heard was bring in more kids, and now this year when more kids have matured and are ready, all I hear is pick up this vet and pick up that vet. I hope we stay the course and not pick up any waiver player unless we can unload a vet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What's worse, being waived, or knowing that no other team wants you?

*no other team wants him at that salary at this time

Most teams aren't keen to pick up a 3.2 million dollar anything on a whim at this point in the season.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Really? Carolina has like 14 NHL d men.

Ideally Carolina gives him some games but waives him at some point this year.

Mouser alert - do we get priority in claiming him if he is put back on waivers? Does he have to be waived again if we were to claim him and choose to assign him to Tucson?

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dahlbeck was claimed for the expansion draft, so Carolina won't risk losing him via waivers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So if Michalek is sent down the Coyotes will have a 23 man roster at $72,996,292, and then they can LTIR Bolland after 5pm today to maximize their exemption and make sure bonuses earned this season help them reach the cap floor for 17-18.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/coyotes

That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Would you all trade Mark Fayne @ 50% retention for Michalek? Fayne carries an extra year, but would only cost you $1.8M against the cap.

No. No reason to carry Fayne into next year. Just deal with Z this year and have a clean slate in the summer.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Mouser alert - do we get priority in claiming him if he is put back on waivers? Does he have to be waived again if we were to claim him and choose to assign him to Tucson?

No on the priority. One of those misconceptions that you see a lot on the forums.

The only benefit the Coyotes have is if Dahlbeck is waived again this season and the Yotes are the only team to submit a claim then they could send him to Tucson without needing to clear waivers again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad