Kings Article: Zatkoff: "I Haven’t Come Up With a Save When We Needed It and That’s the Bottom Line"

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
It's no secret that Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jeff Zatkoff has struggled this season, unable to come up with a big save when he, and his team, needed it the most.

The make matters worse, when things are going bad, hockey players often put more and more pressure on themselves to do better, only to make things worse, and Zatkoff fell into the trap for awhile.

But now, Zatkoff is looking at things differently. To find out what he's saying about his season and what he needs to do going forward, check out...

Jeff Zatkoff: "I Haven’t Come Up With a Save When We Needed It and That’s the Bottom Line"

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
One of the worst goalies that has every played on the Kings. And that is saying a lot consider the horrible goalies we had, like LOLbarbara, Fiset, Cloutier etc.

I love how he says he just doesn't make that one big save, but doesn't let in one bad goal after another. News flash Zatkoff, you can't make even simple saves and most of your goals are bad goals. Every time the opposing team shoots the puck, even if there is no scoring threat, it feels like the puck is going to go in. This guy should not be in the NHL, period.

I would rather have a tired Budaj in net today, instead of Zatkoff for a guaranteed loss.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
One of the worst goalies that has every played on the Kings. And that is saying a lot consider the horrible goalies we had, like LOLbarbara, Fiset, Cloutier etc.

I love how he says he just doesn't make that one big save, but doesn't let in one bad goal after another. News flash Zatkoff, you can't make even simple saves and most of your goals are bad goals. Every time the opposing team shoots the puck, even if there is no scoring threat, it feels like the puck is going to go in. This guy should not be in the NHL, period.

I would rather have a tired Budaj in net today, instead of Zatkoff for a guaranteed loss.

Actually, most of his goals allowed have been the direct result of really awful breakdowns in front of him.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

Labarbara was at least serviceable, and Fiset I thought was pretty good.... Time may have destroyed my memory, though.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Actually, most of his goals allowed have been the direct result of really awful breakdowns in front of him.

Zatkoff has looked very uncomfortable on most shots against him, high quality or not. For whatever reason it's just not working here with him.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
It's not working anywhere.

Reason = not an NHL goalie

I know it's harsh to say these things but it's the reality.

Sadly, this seems to simply be so. It's life. I don't sit around missing Erik Ersberg or Freddie Chabot, and I will probably only remember Zatkoff because he was a Monarch for so long.

I fully expect a Quick/Budaj tandem next season, with Zatkoff in the minors or Vegas... although they'll surely find better options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->