News Article: Zane McIntyre..: ‘Deep Down I Knew I Wanted To Be A Bruin"

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
http://nesn.com/2015/07/zane-mcintyre-on-decision-to-sign-with-boston-deep-down-i-knew-i-wanted-to-be-a-bruin/

“There was an option, I guess a CBA loophole that was brought to my attention after I made the decision to go pro, in a sense,†McIntyre said Tuesday on the first day of Bruins development camp. “So, in a sense, I was notified of that, but deep down I knew I wanted to be a Bruin. There’s just something you can’t really put your finger on with this organization where there’s a lot of similarities where I’ve grown up with a hard-nosed mentality, you earn everything you get. I don’t know if it’s the city or the culture that we have here. It’s something pretty special and I felt really comfortable with the organization here as well, and my positio.â€

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
http://nesn.com/2015/07/zane-mcintyr...to-be-a-bruin/

Ashley Allen? Where did she come from.. :amazed:

homer-drooling.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Zane McIntyre

Zane McIntyre settles in with Bruins at development camp

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/07/14/bruins/ByCTJ5MMuODhhrMdSg7qLI/story.html

Five years after he was drafted by the Bruins, the former University of North Dakota goaltender finally signed with the Bruins this summer, opting not to take advantage of the loophole that would have allowed him to become an unrestricted free agent.

“I was notified of that [loophole], but deep down I knew I wanted to be a Bruin,†McIntyre said Tuesday, on the first day of his sixth development camp, a record for the organization. “I don’t know. There’s just something you can’t really put your finger on with this organization.

“There’s a lot of similarities where I’ve grown up with kind of a hard-nosed mentality, you earn everything you get. I don’t know if it’s the city or the culture that we have here — I don’t know — it€™s something pretty special.â€

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Ceiling....backup goaltender for Rask in a few years?

Hard to judge a goalie's ceiling, especially this early in the NHL. Rask was an amazing backup to Timmy up until he took a year off... A lot of people were doubting if he could handle the job so suddenly, others saying he was the product of a really good team with a really good defense playing against bottom of the barrel teams. Then, bam. He became elite in one year. Lots can happen.

With the amount of success he's had in the NCAA the sky is the limit for him. He'll get plenty of time to develop, and get advice from one of the best goalies in the league. Basically the same situation Rask was in. He definitely has #1 potential. Better than Rask? I can't see that. Any goaltending prospect is doubtful to be a definitive top-3 in the league. I think he has more potential than Subban and is more likely to reach it. He's already shown success in college for multiple years. I would be very surprised if he doesn't become at least a backup. I'm pretty high on him and I'm really glad he decided to stay here.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

At one point, Tim Thomas' perceived ceiling was a top goalie in the Finnish league but no better than an AHL-er in North America. McIntyre has had an excellent college career and while I can't say that I've ever seen him play, I think the B's believe they may have something for the future in McIntyre. Who knows? But it's quite possible that at some point if they believe they have a cheaper no.1 goalie in the system in either McIntyre or Subban, then they could look to move Tuukka later in his contract (especially if his struggles against Montreal continue). That being said, I think we're at least three plus years away from that.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anything I have read/heard about Zane has been positive, his character is outstanding.
Rooting hard for this guy to make it for the Bruins. The guy is absolute class.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

That would be perfect, even though the chances are pretty low right? I don't know his junior career from a hole in the ground but... If he ends up being a Rask tier goalie that would be awesome. 7m off the salary and a zillion picks would be awesome

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That feeling will evaporate the first time he lets a softy by him and this place explodes in a foaming rage at him :laugh::laugh:

I'd say he's a bust already, because he hasn't backstopped the B's to the playoffs yet.:laugh:

Seriously, some throw Subban on the trash heap because of his one nhl game last year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd say he's a bust already, because he hasn't backstopped the B's to the playoffs yet.:laugh:

Seriously, some throw Subban on the trash heap because of his one nhl game last year.

can`t win sometimes

Had he played in the game most of us thought was most suitable (Oilers) and played well, most would say "yeah but it was just the Oilers"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad