News Article: Zamula's interview to Match.tv

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I found this article this morning. I am extremely busy at work , so I took a path of least resistance- I hurriedly edited Google translate and removed redundancies from previous interviews. Please forgive choppiness and errors. I thought Yegor has offered some look into the bubble life.

Защитник «Филадельфии» Егор Замула: «У нас берут тест на коронавирус каждые 12 часов, за контакт с посторонними — штраф»

PHILADELPHIA DEFENDER YEGOR ZAMULA: "WE ARE Being TESTED EVERY 12 HOURS FOR CORONA VIRUS, FOR CONTACT WITH STRANGERS - A FINE"

Match TV North American correspondent zoomed in with Philadelphia defender Yegor Zamula, who told how NHL teams live in Toronto in tight isolation from the corona virus and about his play in the game against Pittsburgh.

"AND THEN MALKIN skates UP:" GREETINGS FROM MAGNITOGORSK! "

- I am now in a Toronto hotel, in this bubble - says Zamula. - We just played against Pittsburgh. Now is the time to recover.
I am proud to be playing against Malkin and Crosby at the age of 20. Not everyone gets this chance. The head coach came up to me yesterday: "Kid, get ready!" I was incredibly happy! I went to the rink to skate and shoot. I was calm. And in the morning I woke up with the thought that I was going to play against Pittsburgh-a strong team that had won the Stanley Cup more than once.
I went out for a warm up, and felt like I got into a computer console. Here is Crosby skating in front of me, but only in real life. Evgeni Malkin skated up to me and said: "Hello from Magnitogorsk!" I went to school there.
At first I did not hear Malkin, but on the face off he asked: "How are you doing?" - "I am OK". It was nice to play against Zhenya (Evgeny), he is a good forward.
And although I got a little ice time, it was a great experience for me. After the surgery and five months of recovery, I performed well.
Had I been given more time, I would have played better, I would have gotten more relaxed and confident. But it was not bad for the first game, and I didn't make any gross mistakes.
My partners were constantly changing, and I had to go out and play on both sides with different partners. I realize what to work on and I feel that I can improve.

"YOU CAN'T PLAY TENNIS WITH CROSBY"

- How does Philadelphia live in this bubble - an isolated space in Toronto?

- The team arrived at the airport in Philadelphia, where we were tested. We took off at 10 am, arrived to Toronto, got on the bus. We were taken to the hotel. We had lunch, had rest, had dinner with the whole team.
The next day was practice. The hotel is arranged as follows: three floors for "Philadelphia", three floors for "Boston", three floors for "Washington", three floors for "Pittsburgh". The hotel has 29 floors. No one is in contact with anyone, everyone has a different schedule. A maximum of four people can ride the elevator. But there are eight elevators.
When you enter the hotel, you need to answer a few questions. "How do you feel? Can you smell? Do you have fever? " The form is being filled in, and a bar code is scanned into a phone. We have been tested every day, actually every 12 hours either at the hotel or in the arena - they take a swab from your nose.
- Where do you eat?
- Breakfast and lunch are served in our rooms. Our chefs are provided by the hotel. Other teams do the same. And we have dinner in the lobby in a large restaurant, which is divided into four sections, and even there you do not contact the players from the other team.
- Do you have any entertainment?
- Four large tennis courts. Mini basketball, regular basketball. Billiards, table tennis, golf. There is a “rapid shot” machine and, a large gym. All conditions for us not just to be lazy in the hotel, but to be able to move around, spin the exercise bike.
So I saw that Crosby played tennis all day before our game. It turns out that this was a warm-up for him. Vanya Provorov and I were shooting hoops.
- Could you have played tennis with Crosby?
- We were told not to contact others, because the team will be fined. We can say hello to our rivals, if we know them, but we walk in our groups, we must keep it safe.
- What are the arrangements in the hotel?
- Everyone lives in a room alone. Nice rooms with great views. Very nice hotel. There are greenery and flowers everywhere, there are places to relax or to take a walk. The NHL has created great conditions for us. Just a few minutes ago we were sitting with the guys on the 29th floor, there is an open air theater there with a large TV. We just talked and watched Montreal – Toronto game.
"Giroux AND VORACEK cheered for ME THROUGHOUT THE GAME:" BIG Z, COME ON, COME ON! "
- How did you enter the Philadelphia locker room before the game?

- I came, poured myself a cup of coffee. Jakub Voracek and Claude Giroux were standing right there. They asked me: "Are you happy?" - "Yes". - "Are you ready?" - "Yes". - "Nervous?" - "Not". “Well, good luck to you.”
Many people asked me if I was nervous. The answer is no. I went to a pre-game skating and everything was fine. My legs began to shake a little when the anthem began to play. But after the first two shifts, I got into the rhythm. I understood the speeds and what to do during the game. I relaxed and began to play.
- What did they say on the bench during the match?
- Provorov suggested after each shift how to simplify my game, where it was possible to beat someone to the puck, where I had to pass the puck to the nearest team mate rather than send it the distance. He advised me not to invent anything.
And these two veterans, Giroux and Voracek, were constantly yelling to me: "Big Z, come on, come on!". I was tired from hearing them, to be honest, but I was incredibly pleased.
- How did you recuperate after surgery ?
The coaches and the doctors told me: “We are very surprised that you recovered so quickly. Your results are very good."
I remember how happy and worried I was when, at the age of 18, I was put on the Philadelphia preseason game. This time I felt much more confident.
In the third period, I only played two shifts. The coach came up to me before the overtime: “I played in the NHL myself. I wish I would have been given that chance at 20. Well done! Now you can relax. " Then he added that this is not a pre-season game, where the guys from the AHL are running against each other. There are Crosby and Malkin, other stars. I sighed and calmly watched overtime.
“I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT THERE WERE NO SPECTATORS IN THE STANDS”
- How do you play with empty stands?

- And I didn’t even notice that they were empty! The organizers have made beautiful screens. They do not distract from the game, and create an atmosphere. I didn't even realize that there was something not as usual.
- We even heard the effect that the fans talk to each other in the arena.
- There were people: managers and staff were sitting in the arena. But in VIP boxes and far from each other. You cannot sit with someone closer than one and a half meters.
- And what about playing in the end of July?
- It is hot outside. It's +30 (Centigrade)here, and in Philadelphia it's +40 in general, it's impossible to get into a car, even air conditioners don't help.
But you get to the cool arena and you forget that you are in Toronto at the peak of summer. You go out after practice - and you are immediately reminded where you are. Unbelievable.
- When do you think this whole corona virus will pass?
- I have friends who are sick. There are not one, not two, not three. But for me it is the same as the common flu if there are no consequences. And if they are, then everything is serious.
The main thing is to have strong immune system... To be honest, I don't even think about the corona virus. I just pass the tests and I know that everything is fine with me.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
So Big Z is the proper nickname if G and Jake call him that. So glad he's still having a great experience in this odd situation. Thanks for the translation as always!

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
It certainly feels like 40C some days! :laugh:

Sounds like they don't have roommates. Is it possible the Flyers were given the highest three floors? As a sign of respect and not to most endanger them in case of fire? (kidding, come on)

Anyway, love to hear from the kid. Always refreshes.

Reactions: Tripod

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Not sure I can go with Big Z for a nickname for Yegor.

Love the translations to see how these guys feel when speaking to their home press.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I found this article this morning. I am extremely busy at work , so I took a path of least resistance- I hurriedly edited Google translate and removed redundancies from previous interviews. Please forgive choppiness and errors. I thought Yegor has offered some look into the bubble life.

Защитник «Филадельфии» Егор Замула: «У нас берут тест на коронавирус каждые 12 часов, за контакт с посторонними — штраф»

PHILADELPHIA DEFENDER YEGOR ZAMULA: "WE ARE Being TESTED EVERY 12 HOURS FOR CORONA VIRUS, FOR CONTACT WITH STRANGERS - A FINE"

Match TV North American correspondent zoomed in with Philadelphia defender Yegor Zamula, who told how NHL teams live in Toronto in tight isolation from the corona virus and about his play in the game against Pittsburgh.

"AND THEN MALKIN skates UP:" GREETINGS FROM MAGNITOGORSK! "

- I am now in a Toronto hotel, in this bubble - says Zamula. - We just played against Pittsburgh. Now is the time to recover.
I am proud to be playing against Malkin and Crosby at the age of 20. Not everyone gets this chance. The head coach came up to me yesterday: "Kid, get ready!" I was incredibly happy! I went to the rink to skate and shoot. I was calm. And in the morning I woke up with the thought that I was going to play against Pittsburgh-a strong team that had won the Stanley Cup more than once.
I went out for a warm up, and felt like I got into a computer console. Here is Crosby skating in front of me, but only in real life. Evgeni Malkin skated up to me and said: "Hello from Magnitogorsk!" I went to school there.
At first I did not hear Malkin, but on the face off he asked: "How are you doing?" - "I am OK". It was nice to play against Zhenya (Evgeny), he is a good forward.
And although I got a little ice time, it was a great experience for me. After the surgery and five months of recovery, I performed well.
Had I been given more time, I would have played better, I would have gotten more relaxed and confident. But it was not bad for the first game, and I didn't make any gross mistakes.
My partners were constantly changing, and I had to go out and play on both sides with different partners. I realize what to work on and I feel that I can improve.

"YOU CAN'T PLAY TENNIS WITH CROSBY"

- How does Philadelphia live in this bubble - an isolated space in Toronto?

- The team arrived at the airport in Philadelphia, where we were tested. We took off at 10 am, arrived to Toronto, got on the bus. We were taken to the hotel. We had lunch, had rest, had dinner with the whole team.
The next day was practice. The hotel is arranged as follows: three floors for "Philadelphia", three floors for "Boston", three floors for "Washington", three floors for "Pittsburgh". The hotel has 29 floors. No one is in contact with anyone, everyone has a different schedule. A maximum of four people can ride the elevator. But there are eight elevators.
When you enter the hotel, you need to answer a few questions. "How do you feel? Can you smell? Do you have fever? " The form is being filled in, and a bar code is scanned into a phone. We have been tested every day, actually every 12 hours either at the hotel or in the arena - they take a swab from your nose.
- Where do you eat?
- Breakfast and lunch are served in our rooms. Our chefs are provided by the hotel. Other teams do the same. And we have dinner in the lobby in a large restaurant, which is divided into four sections, and even there you do not contact the players from the other team.
- Do you have any entertainment?
- Four large tennis courts. Mini basketball, regular basketball. Billiards, table tennis, golf. There is a “rapid shot” machine and, a large gym. All conditions for us not just to be lazy in the hotel, but to be able to move around, spin the exercise bike.
So I saw that Crosby played tennis all day before our game. It turns out that this was a warm-up for him. Vanya Provorov and I were shooting hoops.
- Could you have played tennis with Crosby?
- We were told not to contact others, because the team will be fined. We can say hello to our rivals, if we know them, but we walk in our groups, we must keep it safe.
- What are the arrangements in the hotel?
- Everyone lives in a room alone. Nice rooms with great views. Very nice hotel. There are greenery and flowers everywhere, there are places to relax or to take a walk. The NHL has created great conditions for us. Just a few minutes ago we were sitting with the guys on the 29th floor, there is an open air theater there with a large TV. We just talked and watched Montreal – Toronto game.
"Giroux AND VORACEK cheered for ME THROUGHOUT THE GAME:" BIG Z, COME ON, COME ON! "
- How did you enter the Philadelphia locker room before the game?

- I came, poured myself a cup of coffee. Jakub Voracek and Claude Giroux were standing right there. They asked me: "Are you happy?" - "Yes". - "Are you ready?" - "Yes". - "Nervous?" - "Not". “Well, good luck to you.”
Many people asked me if I was nervous. The answer is no. I went to a pre-game skating and everything was fine. My legs began to shake a little when the anthem began to play. But after the first two shifts, I got into the rhythm. I understood the speeds and what to do during the game. I relaxed and began to play.
- What did they say on the bench during the match?
- Provorov suggested after each shift how to simplify my game, where it was possible to beat someone to the puck, where I had to pass the puck to the nearest team mate rather than send it the distance. He advised me not to invent anything.
And these two veterans, Giroux and Voracek, were constantly yelling to me: "Big Z, come on, come on!". I was tired from hearing them, to be honest, but I was incredibly pleased.
- How did you recuperate after surgery ?
The coaches and the doctors told me: “We are very surprised that you recovered so quickly. Your results are very good."
I remember how happy and worried I was when, at the age of 18, I was put on the Philadelphia preseason game. This time I felt much more confident.
In the third period, I only played two shifts. The coach came up to me before the overtime: “I played in the NHL myself. I wish I would have been given that chance at 20. Well done! Now you can relax. " Then he added that this is not a pre-season game, where the guys from the AHL are running against each other. There are Crosby and Malkin, other stars. I sighed and calmly watched overtime.
“I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT THERE WERE NO SPECTATORS IN THE STANDS”
- How do you play with empty stands?

- And I didn’t even notice that they were empty! The organizers have made beautiful screens. They do not distract from the game, and create an atmosphere. I didn't even realize that there was something not as usual.
- We even heard the effect that the fans talk to each other in the arena.
- There were people: managers and staff were sitting in the arena. But in VIP boxes and far from each other. You cannot sit with someone closer than one and a half meters.
- And what about playing in the end of July?
- It is hot outside. It's +30 (Centigrade)here, and in Philadelphia it's +40 in general, it's impossible to get into a car, even air conditioners don't help.
But you get to the cool arena and you forget that you are in Toronto at the peak of summer. You go out after practice - and you are immediately reminded where you are. Unbelievable.
- When do you think this whole corona virus will pass?
- I have friends who are sick. There are not one, not two, not three. But for me it is the same as the common flu if there are no consequences. And if they are, then everything is serious.
The main thing is to have strong immune system... To be honest, I don't even think about the corona virus. I just pass the tests and I know that everything is fine with me.

This is awesome! Thank you!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Very intriguing player and great personality it seems.

It's crazy. We have so many young talented defensemen in the system at this point, you almost forget about Cam York.

seriously! Can't wait to see York come. He will definitely get the attention he deserves. We got our ghost replacement so fans don't have to be sad when he goes. We have a solid mix of young vets and young players for fwrds/d!! Good times!

Reactions: LorneMalvo

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
You have to wonder if York will turn pro now with the NCAA uncertainty. If the AHL finds a way to have a season he may have to. That would be some crazy depth there.

Either way though the D is crazy stacked... and that bodes very well indeed.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
You have to wonder if York will turn pro now with the NCAA uncertainty. If the AHL finds a way to have a season he may have to. That would be some crazy depth there.

Either way though the D is crazy stacked... and that bodes very well indeed.

During scouching stream on YouTube he was asked about 2019 redraft and he said York was really good this year 5 on 5. That was reassuring because his stats were not great on a horrible Michigan team. Was considering him in top 10

Reactions: orangey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->