Zamboni door gap size.

articz28

Oct 30, 2009
long story short I got a hockey stick broken. I was playing the puck around the boards then my blade got caught in the gap in the Zamboni doors, its becoming a big deal "wont replace stick". I was just wondering if there is a regulation size that it has to be required by rules and regulations? A blade of a stick can easily pass through

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
Blades get caught in the gap all of the time. I am not sure what the big deal is, just keep in mind when you are playing the puck on the boards and is you fell resistance drop your stick so it will not break.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
i had my stick caught in a closing bench door. The coach wouldn't open it and i was pretty damn and pissed, luckily the ref gave a bench minor. The coach knew i had it cause i was yelling to open the effin door and he just laughed. I got the last laugh as that PP led to the GWG :D

K-PAX*

:D :D :D

I don't know what league you play in OP, but when this was a problem at one of the rinks I play at I simply stopped going into that corner anymore, and if I had to I just, how can I put it, didn't get my stick stuck in the door.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I played at noon today and had it happen. Didn't break my stick this time though. Back playing Juniors, twice I got it stuck skating full speed and got the butt end in the stomach. It lifted me off my feet until the shaft broke both times and kept it from doing real damage. Still hurt like hell though.
S**T Happens!!

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
I played at noon today and had it happen. Didn't break my stick this time though. Back playing Juniors, twice I got it stuck skating full speed and got the butt end in the stomach. It lifted me off my feet until the shaft broke both times and kept it from doing real damage. Still hurt like hell though.
S**T Happens!!

I have been speared by my own stick a few times myself

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I've seen some weird stick breaking incidents too. A Dman we had this past summer got his stick stuck in the player bench door crack and it was like slow motion when the shaft came apart. it was the slowest stick break I had ever seen. "Crrrrrraaaaccccckkkkkkk*.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
I have speared myself many times. When it starts to happen I just pray for the stick to break so the pain will be lessened.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
That sort of thing happens now and then. Most guys who've been playing for a while will have had a stick or two jammed and/or broken along the boards. The rink won't compensate you for the stick.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
long story short I got a hockey stick broken. I was playing the puck around the boards then my blade got caught in the gap in the Zamboni doors, its becoming a big deal "wont replace stick". I was just wondering if there is a regulation size that it has to be required by rules and regulations? A blade of a stick can easily pass through

Go here to my post:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=699235

Head coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad