Zajac out 4-6 months

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You guys are talking as if Zajac = Bergeron. NJ was destined to be a basement team this year even if Zajac had a career year. This doesn't really change much except give a young player some more minutes. He's a 32 year old, middle six centre.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You guys are talking as if Zajac = Bergeron. NJ was destined to be a basement team this year even if Zajac had a career year. This doesn't really change much except give a young player some more minutes. He's a 32 year old, middle six centre.

Zajac is the Bergeron of the Devils though. Plays all situations, faces the toughest competition by far and comes out on top, and is our #1 center.

This could be a blessing in disguise if the kids can seize the opportunity though. I think it would've been hard to take away the top spot from Zajac if he was healthy.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Taylor Hall has to be the most cursed player in NHL history. You could put him on the Penguins and they'll somehow finish dead last.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Taylor Hall has to be the most cursed player in NHL history. You could put him on the Penguins and they'll somehow finish dead last.

Hall just died a little more inside.

I said it in the thread on the trade board but again, while the Zajac injury sucks there is no way in hell Hall was walking into the room this year thinking "**** yea boys this is it, our year!" We go from bad to really bad with this injury, still not a playoff team. Especially in the depths of hell known as the Metro division. I know that, you know that, Hall knows that. C'est la vie, at least he might be able to play with Nico or Zacha now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
unpopular opinion apparently but i hate tank talk. Hall can only do so much and as evidenced by his Oilers days it does not include dragging his team to far out of last place.

Why? Champions are made by the tank. Pittsburgh and Chicago were the worst of the gutter trash. Now they're the aspirational models.

I hope New Jersey finishes last and wins the 1st overall pick and takes Dahlin.

My team, the Coyotes, I hope finish 10th to 12th worst and win the 3rd pick and take Merkley or Boqvist.

Detroit can have Svechnikov at 2nd.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jeez I feel bad for Taylor Hall. Not that they were making playoffs with Zajac anyway. Zacha is going to need to step up massively. Their blueline is still a mess too.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Hall-Johansson-Palmieri
Zacha-Henrique-Speers
Quenneville-Nico-Mcleod
Blandisi-Boyle-Noeson/Wood

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This is not good for the devils but for another reason than what is being posted.

I am NOT a fan of their development, and considering the team is depending on draft picks to lead the franchise, this is concerning. This injury just means more players will be forced into roles too early. They have been doing their best 2010 Oilers impression.

- Hischier is one of the weakest 1st OA picks in a while. He himself has said he needs to improve his size and his shot. He had an inconsistent year last year in Halifax. It makes no sense to rush him to the NHL and expect him to play in the top 6. He should be returning for another year to work on these areas while the NHL roster is a train wreck.

- They did the same thing with Zacha and are ruining his potential too. The first few years of development are the most important. Just because they have the SKILL to play in the NHL does not mean they should be there. That team was bad and will be bad again, even worse. This is going to KILL the confidence of these guys during vital development years.

- I get the sense that Management is rushing these prospects because they want to have a playoff competitive roster, as the GM is now fearing he moved their best D for a winger who will leave as a UFA without the team ever leaving the basement. There is desperation here, and I am willing to bet by this time next offseason, there will have been a desperation move made.

ZMachine

Dec 16, 2008
www.youtube.com
How did he got injured?

screenqi.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->