Injury Report: Zajac injured, out 4-6 months.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Henrique also looked awful with Hall, outside of a few OT period's at 3 on 3.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Just when I thought we had a mild chance to compete, or at least bring the prospects along without rushing them...

Sigh.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Last time Zajac got hurt in the off-season, the Devils made the Stanley Cup finals.

tumblr_nbndaimytX1r1axvjo1_250.gif

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I don't really care about winning games this season

That has nothing to do with development of our young players. Completely different argument.

ah ok. i was confused because your post was about how henrique isn't as strong defensively as zajac, so he can't play on the first line. which i assumed could only be understood in the context of the team's success.

of course henrique can play first line center. again, who cares if he isn't as good defensively?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The more interesting thing is who we match up against top lines.

Henrique is questionable in that role. Hischier and McLeod are likely far too young and inexperienced to do that, ditto Zacha. Boyle is likely going to play against top competition.

Hall might be able to dictate play against top lines, but I think he'd hurt us more than he'd help us.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Ugh, the one forward who leaves a gaping hole in the lineup. No one else can play Travis's minutes.

I hope we don't end up throwing Nico, Zacha or McLeod to the wolves out of necessity. Sign some scrubs and overplay them. Don't ruin the kids.

Hall is probably in the FML zone.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Brian Boyle is not going to play top line minutes. It's Henrique's job. Of course he can't handle it, that why we're going to suck balls.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ugh, the one forward who leaves a gaping hole in the lineup. No one else can play Travis's minutes.

I hope we don't end up throwing Nico, Zacha or McLeod to the wolves out of necessity. Sign some scrubs and overplay them. Don't ruin the kids.

Hall is probably in the FML zone.

If Hall thought we were a playoff team this year he wasn't paying attention. It would of taken a lot to get this team over the hump.

This year is about developing all these kids and getting ready for next season.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cory is probably crying in a corner somewhere thinking about the defense in front of him now minus our best defensive forward.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory is probably crying in a corner somewhere thinking about the defense in front of him now minus our best defensive forward.

I think he'll bounce back to his career norms, or close to them.

I'm sure if he puts up he is slow out of the gate, people will think he's fried. He typically started slowly most seasons as a Devil, with the exception of last year. Last season he had an amazing October, then fell off at some point in November.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yea, Henrique is probably going to get those assignments and minutes and he is going to get eaten alive by the competition.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People who say Zajac is overpaid and not an important part of the team are going to see why they're so wrong this year, unfortunately. Man we're going to suck. I hope Hischier and McLeod are exciting, because there's not a lot to look forward to right now.

Well the cynics will say we stunk last year with him too. While I agree things can't really improve without him, it's also hard to imagine them being WORSE than they were in December or the last third of the season either.

Trade for Josefson from Buffalo?:sarcasm::laugh:

I almost posted re-sign Josefson in jest a few hours ago till I remembered he's actually on another NHL roster :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The more interesting thing is who we match up against top lines.

Henrique is questionable in that role. Hischier and McLeod are likely far too young and inexperienced to do that, ditto Zacha. Boyle is likely going to play against top competition.

Hall might be able to dictate play against top lines, but I think he'd hurt us more than he'd help us.

What makes you think they'll even match forward lines? It's not as if they have any semblance of shutdown line at this point. The most they might do is put Boyle out more for key faceoffs. Might as well just run the top three lines out with relatively equal minutes, play the fourth line 8-10 minutes and hope for the best.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
In an ideal world Zacha and Hischier prove more than capable of being 1 and 2C and Zajac returns to slot in at 3C. Ideal may also be swapped with dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad