Zaitsev needs to go

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
He's playing horrible as of late. Just look at his advanced stats. I don't think the contract will look good in a few seasons. Is it time to move on from Zaitsev?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
He's playing horrible as of late. Just look at his advanced stats. I don't think the contract will look good in a few seasons. Is it time to move on from Zaitsev?
There are plenty of guys who were good last season and haven't been nearly as good this season, not just Zaitsev.

Marner, Nylander, Bozak, Komarov, Brown, Gardiner and Zaitsev.

Let them battle through their struggles, we're a good team even with these guys struggling.

Reactions: PinkFly

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There are plenty of guys who were good last season and haven't been nearly as good this season, not just Zaitsev.

Marner, Nylander, Bozak, Komarov, Brown, Gardiner and Zaitsev.

Let them battle through their struggles, we're a good team even with these guys struggling.

I still don't understand how we have 18 wins already. So many guys have down years or have declined. I guess it shows that we do indeed have a good team, so that's a good sign.

Reactions: PinkFly

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I still don't understand how we have 18 wins already. So many guys have down years or have declined. I guess it shows that we do indeed have a good team, so that's a good sign.
Because we have guys who were good last season and even better this season, picking up the slack for our struggling players.

Matthews, Kadri, van Riemsdyk (yes, van Riemsdyk no matter how much abuse he takes from fans for being lazy), Rielly, UFA Marleau who has been solid, UFA Hainsey who has been solid, and Andersen is better than he ever was last season.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Players will have slumps or battling nagging injuries. All I care is winning 16 games in the playoffs

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

And replace him with who exactly?

It's all well and good wanting to get rid of guys but you actually need some sort of a realistic replacement for the guy which we don't have

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
8ODMY.jpg

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was not a fan of the contract and I haven't been overly high on him but to trade him or to get rid of him right now would be stupid to say the least.

He's got a lot of good tools and I think he's been at the very least average.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nah. He will be fine. I would like to see him skate the puck more and shoot more. Thats about it. He works hard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad